Scam Alert - My car but not me?

It seems that someone is advertising my car on Trovit. Please note this ad is completely unauthorised by me.

http://au.tixuz.com/vehicles/porsche/1990-porsche-911-carrera-2-964-manual/3493333?utm_source=Trovit&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Australia-Autos

I don't know if I should be flattered or worried and fail to see the point of their actions. Thank you to a keen eyed person for making me aware of  the ad. Also the car seems to have appeared on Facebook but I could not find the link.

Any information on the consequences of doing this that anyone can offer would be appreciated. It seems pointless unless someone is stupid enough to give them money for the car sight unseen.

My ad can be seen here:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-3617259

KH_964-044_zpse7529d39.jpg

so...can you match his price? ;)

Ahhh Scammers come in all forms :D

Have you reported the ad as a fake?

i clicked the link down the bottom 'this ad is a fraud' we'll see what happens - might be worth getting a few people to do it

Good call -I found the link on the bottom of the page and used it

Had this exact thing happen to me, in that case he was advertising my car on eBay for 1/3 the price... <_< 

FWIW I logged a report on http://www.acorn.gov.au mainly just so I had some history "in the system" in case someone fell for it and sent the scammer money and the Police came to see me, given the licence plates were in the photos!

Seems to happen a lot but it's bloody annoying. Between that and time wasters I ended up cancelling my add and putting a car cover on it, been sitting in the garage since. ps: It's not a Porsche so no need for anyone to PM me! :lol:

Ive just emailed him.  Thanks to all those Dudes and Mans who help me spell.

"Dude,

I want that car.  It looks grate.  Where is the car and how can I pay you ?   I want to give to my girlfriend as a birthday prez.  I need the car like tomorrow.  Can you get it to me quick ?

Cheers Man"

saw a facebook post from you today about a Cayman experience  - blown away with the speed!

912 comparison was it mate? :) 

A Gopher with a flattening battery would be faster than that smartass ;)

Back on topic

• 9 months later...

Wohoo..I got a scammer too...seems to be a Trovit thing... I inquired about a car and got this email back...

Thank you for your interest in my Mercedes-benz 450sl.
It’s in perfect condition, always garaged, no known problems, everything works as it should. Rego is clean and clear.
I'm selling the car for this price because I'm a sergeant in the Army and I’ve been sent to United Kingdom, Europe due to the refugees and migrants problem and I’ll stay here (in United Kingdom) for at least 1 year, so it has to go, unfortunately.

At the moment, the car is in storage in our army logistic from Tindal, NT.

Let me know if you’re interested so I can send you more photos and work out the details. I'm responsible for shipping, delivery and handling to your location in any city of Australia.
Of course you can choose not to buy the car if you do not like it. If is not as presented, would be within your rights to refuse the deal.
Thank you
Silas

Wohoo..I got a scammer too...seems to be a Trovit thing... I inquired about a car and got this email back...

Thank you for your interest in my Mercedes-benz 450sl.
It’s in perfect condition, always garaged, no known problems, everything works as it should. Rego is clean and clear.
I'm selling the car for this price because I'm a sergeant in the Army and I’ve been sent to United Kingdom, Europe due to the refugees and migrants problem and I’ll stay here (in United Kingdom) for at least 1 year, so it has to go, unfortunately.

Let me know if you’re interested so I can send you more photos and work out the details. I'm responsible for shipping, delivery and handling to your location in any city of Australia.
Of course you can choose not to buy the car if you do not like it. If is not as presented, would be within your rights to refuse the deal.
Thank you
Silas

I got something similar when I was selling my mum's Suzuki Baleno, army, overseas, etc wanting to buy the car....

A variant

I'm selling the car for this price because I'm a sergeant in the United States Army and I’ve been sent to United Kingdom, Europe due to the refugees and migrants problem and I’ll stay here (in United Kingdom) for at least 1 year, so it has to go, unfortunately.

At the moment, the car is in storage in North Dakota.

This has been going on for years. I first came across similar online scam ads back in 2004. Same story, car is in storage, in transit, located o/s, interstate etc...(all reasons to avoid a first hand inspection)  "Send deposit to secure the deal and it's yours"  Trust no-one!   If you cannot check the car personally or by someone you trust, walk away.

I contacted the defence force when they tried to scam me, gave them all the info I had, they were not that interested, I think it happens a lot. Not even in someone acting to be from our defence forces, etc.....

I know a lot of soldiers and scam is really common.  Sometimes they'll use the name of a real soldier.   Defence can't do much about it.

The offer of the car being shipped by the defence logistic system would be a gigantic red flag for me, but it must work . . . . 

Archived