Large drop in 911's on Carsales

On Thursday 911 Carrera = 330+ cars, 911 = 103 cars. Now 911 Carrera = 262 cars, 911 = 86 cars.

Thought Porsche AU may have pulled the plug on Carsales but the ads are still there.

Have I missed something?

Although still record number of Porsche's in total being advertised (1083)

Obviously the focus on 911's is dissipating as other models, particularly the SUV types bring in the bulk of the sales now.

I'm not panicking yet! :D 

Maybe they got sold.

Oh yeah, never thought of that. Helpful.

Although still record number of Porsche's in total being advertised (1083)

Obviously the focus on 911's is dissipating as other models, particularly the SUV types bring in the bulk of the sales now.

I'm not panicking yet! :D 

No panic here Peter either. Just a massive drop in 911 numbers in only a few days.

Just an observation.

Seems odd. Maybe people pulling ads down while they're away/busy over the Christmas period. Or if not that, just the ones being sold aren't being replaced by new ones as its not something I'd expect to get much traction on at this time of year.

Mind you Boxing Day with left over Christmas pudding while thinking about a new car for the new year is becoming a tradition for me! ?

Come on boys. What significant date is just a few weeks away?

lets all live in hope that something special is in our stockings this year. 

My wife's a bit of a planner so secretly hoping she picked up a 993tt earlier this year when they were half the price they are now...

• 2 years later...

Iv,e found that Listings increase { Slightly  } coming into a weekend. But, during my search, listings were well above the 1200,s. Now low 1130,s its a bit odd. Also, some current listings are months old, just hanging out for the right buyers? or Dreaming?  

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!

However while we are here, I thought I'd put the data from carsales today. Might be handy to someone in 2020.

Total Porsches - 1364

911 Carrera - 302 (228 with at least 10k km on car)

911 - 149 (98 with at least 10 k km on car)

What I find interesting when comparing to 2015, is the increase in 911 for sale. These are generally the turbo, GT or older 911s.

While I'm extracting data

356 (all) - 14

924 - 4

944- 20

928 - 23

930 - 14

968 - 5

Boxster - 186

Cayman - 75

Cayenne - 329

Macan - 133

Panamera - 63

This suggests the rarest Porsche model for sale in Australia in now the 924. I have mine for sale for $300k for anyone interested. Pricing is based on those other rare 993 turbo things.

Following on from @Neun 11 , it also seems to me that listing increase over the weekend and that there are many cars that have sat for a long time.  Feel if a  car is not particularly special (Eg. most 911s), if they've been listed for more than 3 months there is either something wrong with them, they are priced wrong or the seller is too difficult to work with. Seems that 10% over the 'market' rate is where the phone doesn't ring.

I had a look through all the 911 offerings on CS the other day and was surprised how many cars I recognized from doing the same thing 6mths to year or so ago. Seems a lot of auto's n cabs for sale at the moment too...a case of the 'less desirables' trying to leverage off the boom in the 'more desirables'...? 

I've never understood why if you want to sell a car you'd have it sitting for months on end... if you want to sell and it's not selling, reduce the price or make it clear you're willing to negotiate, it will sell. If you don't want to sell at current market value, sure dip your toe in see if there's any bites, but if after 3 weeks there's not, take it out. Simple, isn't it?

33 minutes ago, DT said:

I had a look through all the 911 offerings on CS the other day and was surprised how many cars I recognized from doing the same thing 6mths to year or so ago. Seems a lot of auto's n cabs for sale at the moment too...a case of the 'less desirables' trying to leverage off the boom in the 'more desirables'...? 

I've never understood why if you want to sell a car you'd have it sitting for months on end... if you want to sell and it's not selling, reduce the price or make it clear you're willing to negotiate, it will sell. If you don't want to sell at current market value, sure dip your toe in see if there's any bites, but if after 3 weeks there's not, take it out. Simple, isn't it?

Who ever got anywhere being logical and rational :Chuckle2:

Archived