New line up for top gear?

turboT

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the 3rd episode was much better than the previous two more car focused less screwing around ,,,finally go to see Chris Harris in the Ferrari F12 tdf insane machine that one and Mr Peabody bring up his breakfast after a couple hot laps with Sabine ,,,worth a watch  :D

Just watched the 3rd episode was much better than the previous two more car focused less screwing around ,,,finally go to see Chris Harris in the Ferrari F12 tdf insane machine that one and Mr Peabody bring up his breakfast after a couple hot laps with Sabine ,,,worth a watch  :D

Agreed, much better but felt Harris' segment was dumbed down from his normal Chris Harris on Cars standard in which he usually gives good technical detail about the car and the way it performs. 

Sabine sure is a great driver but in my opinion should stick to driving. The guest segment was again awkward i.e. having them introduce each other, but thankfully shorter. 

Hmmm personally I like Sabine Schmitz but I am not sure if her style/sense of humour translates for an English speaking world.  I would use her every now and then when you need an extra driver, might be good to do some comparison reports where her and Chris Harris to compete like Tiff Needell and Jason Plato did on 5th Gear.

Again I like Eddie Jordan (suspect I am in a minority there, given the comments on the web) but I don't think he fits the dynamic, he is a guy with a very healthy dose of ego and not sure he is suited to a team dynamic. I wonder if they had him on contract and with the BBC giving up its F1 broadcast they figured they had him anyway and shoved him in.  Again I would get rid of him, he doesn't really add anything and you could bring him back for serious F1 discussion/segments.

Chris Evans is not my cup of tea and tbh I have never really understood his popularity but maybe that's one of those things you need to be English to understand.  My criticism is that he doesn't show enough of his car enthusiast side and doesn't really seem to interact with other hosts with any form of natural behaviour.  I think the idea was they needed a big celebrity but tbh not sure he is the one.

So step 1 get rid of Sabine, Eddie and Chris

Matt Le Blanc, they need to let him be a bit more American.  Stop having him say the English words that kind of jar with his accent.  Let him be a bit more natural and play to his Americanism without having him be obnoxious.  A bit of friendly banter between the English and American hosts could be funny.

Chris Harris, let him off the leash a bit and allow him to be natural and allow some banter between him and Le Blanc

Rory Reid tbh I am undecided about him, he could be a good foil against the other two if they have a natural dynamic, otherwise I would let him go

So step 2 play up to the natural charisma that Le Blanc and Harris have and let their enthusiasm show through without Chris Evans getting in the way.

Step 3 whenever Jenson Button retires from F1 sign him up as a host and have him do challenges with other current F1 drivers like McLaren did for a while on their YouTube channel between Jenson and Lewis, he could drive classic F1 cars with credible enthusiasm and ability to drive them.

Step 4 Review the Stig - sure the character is good from a marketing point of view but does the show need him?  Harris is a damn fast driver and with potential access to Jenson Button they would have two fast drivers anyway.  TBH not sure about this so just saying consider whether he still fits.

I don't know how anyone could listen to Evans on radio, I've worked out his voice annoys me almost as much as him! His overactive melon head - and those glasses, some dudes can rock 'em but not him! Just watched E3 and I thought it was quite good, Extra Gear as well. If they can keep that up it'll be worth it to tune in each week. I think I'll just fast forward through anytime I see Mr Peabody on the screen and all will be good!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm personally I like Sabine Schmitz but I am not sure if her style/sense of humour translates for an English speaking world.  I would use her every now and then when you need an extra driver, might be good to do some comparison reports where her and Chris Harris to compete like Tiff Needell and Jason Plato did on 5th Gear.

Again I like Eddie Jordan (suspect I am in a minority there, given the comments on the web) but I don't think he fits the dynamic, he is a guy with a very healthy dose of ego and not sure he is suited to a team dynamic. I wonder if they had him on contract and with the BBC giving up its F1 broadcast they figured they had him anyway and shoved him in.  Again I would get rid of him, he doesn't really add anything and you could bring him back for serious F1 discussion/segments.

Chris Evans is not my cup of tea and tbh I have never really understood his popularity but maybe that's one of those things you need to be English to understand.  My criticism is that he doesn't show enough of his car enthusiast side and doesn't really seem to interact with other hosts with any form of natural behaviour.  I think the idea was they needed a big celebrity but tbh not sure he is the one.

So step 1 get rid of Sabine, Eddie and Chris

Matt Le Blanc, they need to let him be a bit more American.  Stop having him say the English words that kind of jar with his accent.  Let him be a bit more natural and play to his Americanism without having him be obnoxious.  A bit of friendly banter between the English and American hosts could be funny.

Chris Harris, let him off the leash a bit and allow him to be natural and allow some banter between him and Le Blanc

Rory Reid tbh I am undecided about him, he could be a good foil against the other two if they have a natural dynamic, otherwise I would let him go

So step 2 play up to the natural charisma that Le Blanc and Harris have and let their enthusiasm show through without Chris Evans getting in the way.

Step 3 whenever Jenson Button retires from F1 sign him up as a host and have him do challenges with other current F1 drivers like McLaren did for a while on their YouTube channel between Jenson and Lewis, he could drive classic F1 cars with credible enthusiasm and ability to drive them.

Step 4 Review the Stig - sure the character is good from a marketing point of view but does the show need him?  Harris is a damn fast driver and with potential access to Jenson Button they would have two fast drivers anyway.  TBH not sure about this so just saying consider whether he still fits.

I hear you on some things, JB for instance, good idea, love the guy. Eddie Jordan, not so keen.

Sabine, seriously, she is fantastic. What a fun chick, so full of enthusiasm for all things racey & pretty handy behind the wheel.

Harris & Schmitz, testing/tracking cars, who needs The Stig?

Just watched the fifth episode Chris Harris is the star again and I don,t mind Le Blanc ,,,the show really hasn,t got any better than the first few episodes and Chris Evens is as bad as ever .............?

I always thought he seemed creepy.

Evans has admitted in the past that he would expose himself to staff, calling it “the funniest thing in the world”.

Oh dear :wub:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/top-gear-host-chris-evans-faces-police-probe-over-alleged-sexual-assault/news-story/8777fa399434267b524baaf332ade327

+10! (If the report is accurate) creep and weedy bully sums him up perfectly, probably a good mate of jimmy Saville, what's with the bbc freakin old boys sex club! So what's worse an aging boof headed Clarkson who gives a love tap to another bloke coz his steaks a sirloin not a ribeye, or a dweeby nerd who pulls his junk out and chases girls around the office repeatedly - I'll take Clarkson any day! Extra gear is better than top gear now and minimum Evans exposure! And while I'm on it can be change his clothes?? Worn the same costume every week, thinks he's jay Leno ..... He's gone!

Worn the same costume every week, thinks he's jay Leno ...

How can any man on the planet even dress like this , in the privacy of his own home -  let alone in front of any family members and god forbid in public.

There are some early childhood experiences which clearly haven't surfaced.

25924e4b52eb47d978c56df1812103ea.jpg

Yes he really is a special individual ...............Look at me I am an alternative lifestyle type     attention_whore.gif

Is flashing at your work colleagues an alternative lifestyle now? Has it ever been? He's got the ginger younger rolf harris look about him I reckon.

Is flashing at your work colleagues an alternative lifestyle now? Has it ever been? He's got the ginger younger rolf harris look about him I reckon.

I can honestly say I was not at all surprised when all the allegations came out at Rolf Harris as harsh as that may sound ,,,,and I would not be surprised if I hear similar ones about Chris Evens in the near future ,,,the guy is very strange :huh:

Just watched the 6th episode and would have to say its the best so far ........new Honda NSX ,,,right hand drive Mustangs and every one,s favourite on this site the mighty 911 R ..........Matt Le Blanc,s dream car apparently and mine :D

To true Lee .....Just got up and saw the headline

Chris Evans quits Top Gear"

I have visions of Matt LeBlanc holding him by the throat over a bonnet and bitch slapping him , hmmm maybe it was Sabine slapping him ...scurry on back to radio Peabody where nobody can see your head, antics, mannerisms or uniform  .... everything about that bloke makes my skin crawl

Archived