New line up for top gear?

turboT

he made his dough as a talk show host.  They have to cut off guests to keep it tight.  I think it strikes the right pacing for the most part.  Car shows made for anoraks like us always fail.

the double denim is for continuity.  It means he can shoot all different segments at different times and not worry about stitching it together.  Clarkson makes a few sly references to this issue during TG episodes.  Lenos solution is low budget, practical and gives him a 'brand' like flowery shirts or cowboy boots.

was on again last night - Harley's, pin striping low riders and some VW with caterpillar tracks. Appalling TV. So incredibly boring to listen to him waffle on in his double denim. No structure to the show - just random shit. Jeremy at least seems interested in his guests. Leno just wants to 'out fact them.' Proves you need a team of presenters aswell - he just runs out of things to say and do and spends lots of time just looking awkward.

Low budget - yep

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even more hosts added...how many do they need?

Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz will join Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc, The Stig, YouTube star Chris Harris and motoring journalist Rory Reid when the famous vehicle road-testing television show returns to the screen in May.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/eddie-jordan-and-sabine-scmitz-join-top-gear/news-story/d87abcca2b95c2a55d0baf09b8413692

Sounds like they are trying to move the identity of the show from being tied to the hosts

I guess that's a strategy. Either that or they're trying to hide who the real presenters are and have lots of guest presenters. Chris Evans has already leaked too much info according to the bbc.

• 3 months later...

I just need something else to watch apart from re-runs of the old stuff and the bloody monkeys!. Bring it on

I just need something else to watch apart from re-runs of the old stuff and the bloody monkeys!. Bring it on

The new hosties are about your age,  so you'll adore them. One day , when you are a grumpy old man you'll fall in love with the old TG.

Jay Leno's garage vids are the best , IMO. All meat,  no potatoes. 

Jay Leno's garage vids are the best , IMO. All meat,  no potatoes. 

I find Jay's knowledge amazing, and he was great on the tonight show, but he is pretty dull hosting his own show. I love the cars, but it is sometimes hard to watch. 

I find Jay's knowledge amazing, and he was great on the tonight show, but he is pretty dull hosting his own show. I love the cars, but it is sometimes hard to watch. 

True , but there aren't a lot of Alan de Cadenet's in this world!

Well you can't remake Fawlty Towers! You can try , but it will be lame.

This is true

Knew it would be crap with that Evans bloke and Matt leTwat

Oh well, back to the TG reruns!

IMO if you get the current presenters, put them in a room and let them talk about cars with out putting on an act. It would have been better. Just like how chris harris did it on the show after.

Never fear,  this will be better for us older gents with grand touring cars

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/top-gear/jeremy-clarkson-new-amazon-show-latest-news-and-rumours/

It is called "The Grand Tour" ho hum... "James May admitted to being underwhelmed by the name. “I wanted to call it ‘Nigel’, or ‘Roger’. We needed a name, and they're names.” :D

Glad I have no way of watching the new top gear, sounds rubbish!!

It is called "The Grand Tour" ho hum... "James May admitted to being underwhelmed by the name. “I wanted to call it ‘Nigel’, or ‘Roger’. We needed a name, and they're names.” :D

Glad I have no way of watching the new top gear, sounds rubbish!!

They were thinking about "Gear Knobs" but the word "Gear" was copyright...

Archived