New line up for top gear?

turboT

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the new one.  It wasn't that bad.  Chris Evans needs to go back to one line of nose candy instead of five, and they need to drop Clarksons signature lines like 'some say'.  Leblanc could loosen up a bit and be all right.  Watch the first season of Clarkson and Hammond and the forgotten fat guy and it compares ok.  Sabine was great, but she has been on the show before.

i haven't watched extra gear yet, might be good.

overall better than singing,dancing and cooking shows.

I didn't mind Extra Gear. Cartainly better than the main show. Although my wife is always giving me heaps for having a "man crush" on Chris Harris, I think he wasn't at his best. With a bit of time when they can relax into it a bit more it will work better.

I watch the first episode of the new line up today along with the extra Gear episode ,,,and I must say I did enjoy it ,,Matt La Blanc was quite entertaining and I think he is great for the show,,,Sabine is fantastic also along with Chris Harris,,,,my only criticism would be Chris Evens ,,,,,I find him some what of a annoyance and his head is bigger than his body ,,,but over all the show was worth watching ,,,similar format and challenges to the old Clarkson May and Hammond Top Gear ,,so really no change,,,a lot better than I expected it would be ,,,,well worth a watch and enjoy it for what it is light entertainment :)

Watched the first episode and extra gear..........not convinced unfortunately, wish they had changed it more and bought it back to being about car reviews and performance.......couldn't give a rats about driving a Reliant through wind and rain ( not on my bucket list)........the more they change it away from the old format with tired attempts at humour and meaningless "challenges", the better...!!!

I've been contemplating Monday's episode:

- Not enough cars! One segment on the Mac 675

- Segments are too long; both the "test" of the Macan, Jag & Merc, and the stars in a reasonably priced car. The letter is interminable with endless guests and a comparison of just about every car they've ever owned

- They keep rehashing old stuff - there has to be something more original than driving around with an oversized coctail

- The new test track is crap

- Still no Monkey!*

I watched the whole thing but was youtubing by 20 minutes in. No wonder the number of viewers dropped 33% for episode 2.

*Monkey had been racing a Ferrari P4 at the Nurburgring...where was the segment on that?!!?

I was expecting more in the second episode but unfortunately it just wan,t there ,,,the more I see and hear Chris Evens the more I seem to dislike him ,,,,I think he is just an annoying twerp ,,,,If they wish to have any success  with this new line up I feel they have to get ride of Evens ...........Forever know as the twerp :rolleyes::D 

Compared to all the other crap on TV these days ,,eg reality TV ,,cooking shows ,,,home reno shows and no talent shows with big ego celebrities,,,,and off course weight lose and finding a new partner and blind date shows , the list goes on,TV really is crap these days and new Top Gear is certainly way better than the for mentioned SH#T,,,Its problem is HOW EVER trying to live up to the Original Top Gear  we all love and enjoyed for many years  ,,its just not as good ,,,and that,s really due to the new host line up .......:rolleyes:  

Correct

If Chris Evans wasn't on there, I'd give it another go. I know he's a mad car nut with some stupidly expensive and collectable cars, but he just doesn't fit the show in my opinion. 

- Still no Monkey!*

I watched the whole thing but was youtubing by 20 minutes in. No wonder the number of viewers dropped 33% for episode 2.

*Monkey had been racing a Ferrari P4 at the Nurburgring...where was the segment on that?!!?

Monkey is on Extra Gear, doesn't look like they put him on the regular Top Gear line up.

Correct

If Chris Evans wasn't on there, I'd give it another go. I know he's a mad car nut with some stupidly expensive and collectable cars, but he just doesn't fit the show in my opinion. 

Evens has a great head for Radio and should have stayed there ..................:P

Pretty sure he's in next week's episode - so that's either going to make or break the show IMO.

EDIT:

Sabine Schmitz and Chris Evans blast around Laguna Seca in the new Audi R8, Rory Reid drives the Ford Focus RS, and Chris Harris tackles the Ferrari F12 TDF. Elsewhere, LeBlanc takes a tour of London with Ken Block  

Good we finally get some one with some cred on the show ,,,get rid of Chris Evens replace him with Harris.....................:D

Agreed! Cant stomach the bloke, crying - really? twice?? Manup Mr Peabody and stop yelling and interrupting the others. I like some of the others and the format is tired but still worth some light entertainment without him if nothing else is on. They could never successfully replace Top Gear which had had it's day of course. I'd rather watch reruns of the originals any day instead of listening to his Peabody voice and look at his Peabody head 

Archived