Boxster S - MY07 - Manual

Bought a new car. 

07 Boxster S manual.

44000kms, totally stock, full PSH, just a few stone chips.

The mods I have done so far are:

- put air in tyres

- put petrol in tank

- had a bluetooth module interface installed. (extreme mod compared to the others)

Also have given it a machine polish to remove swirls etc.. first coat of wax has gone on, and now I am learning about cleaning and protecting the rag top.

This car is brilliant, and is a LOT of fun to drive. My first porsche was a Cayman S (06) but was a tiptronic. The 6 speed manual in this boxster is simply a delight to use. Very very hard car to fault. 

I'm sure there are plenty out there who suffer from penis envy (you know who you are!) and will accuse me of driving a "girly car" but but I tell you what; the money to fun ratio is heavily weighted to FUN!

DSC03656_zpssoyfszkf.jpg

DSC03668_zpsitdrzfph.jpg

DSC03657_zpsbrqajrf5.jpg

Mike, loving your constant acquisition of and tinkering with P cars. And of course your sharing of the experience ...

If you get any good tips for caring for a rag top, other than the Meguiars stuff, would be keen to know. 

Mike, loving your constant acquisition of and tinkering with P cars. And of course your sharing of the experience ...

If you get any good tips for caring for a rag top, other than the Meguiars stuff, would be keen to know. 

raggtopp and 303 are both great products

I have used raggtopp and the water just beads and runs off now. Great product

Nice car.  07 S comes with the 3.4L instead of 3.2L engine as well.

I'm curious how other road users treat you in a boxster? Do you notice any different treatment compared to a less 'sporty' car?

Didn't realise the 914 was gone!

boxster s has always been the thinking mans Porsche since they were released.  Those grubby motoring writers always said so.

yeah.... 914 bye bye... and have also had a 1974 2.7 Targa in that time too.. Here's a video...

I reckon 2.7's have the BEST sounding motor in the lineup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMcflx2AAk8

Nice car.  07 S comes with the 3.4L instead of 3.2L engine as well.

I'm curious how other road users treat you in a boxster? Do you notice any different treatment compared to a less 'sporty' car?

I've noticed that the Boxster breaks traction a lot easier than the cayman S.. however, the Cayman S was a tipper and it had 295 section rear tyres.

Great choice Mike. Such an under rated car. I've always wondered how unstoppable the boxster would be if a tuner got hold of it and worked it... imagine if uncle decided to play with one!

I drove a 986 years back now in tip and couldn't fault it either, so i can imagine a 987 is even more unfaultable(tm)

Here is me using that 303 cleaner from Car Care Products...

IMAG2001_zpsdk6d2epp.jpg

This is the top fully wet....

IMAG2000_zpsds6ior8k.jpg

Dries and leaves a nice clean top(it was pretty good to begin with)...

IMAG2002_zpssjowijva.jpg

I have just applied the sealant and will let it cure overnight... 

Next photo will hopefully show lots of beading...

Vacuum the top before washing. + 1 for the 303 products

Great car Mike, we (my missus) have the same in a Tip, wish it were a manual, might have to get me an 05 man S, would be a good car to hot up a bit I reckon

nothing wrong with the Tip, but the fun factor is a little higher in the manual for me. Was about to order a Carnewal exhaust, but the exchange rate means I will have to pay GST, customs duty etc etc when it gets here, so will have to wait a little longer.

Ah I'm a bit of a manual man and yes the tip still feels good for a bit of a thrash but nothing like feeling like an old time racer and putting it through the gears....would have thought you could get a nice performance exhaust here in Aust

I can, but I don't like to over spend. The authentic Carnewal GT system from Belgium, is a good value proposition and of course has no fitment issues.

Exchange rate tips it over $1000 aud at the moment, so I am not doing it yet. 

The one that was being sold here, is not a Carnewal Exhaust. There was one listed as having the cats removed, but that alone does not make it the same. Carnewal also do subtle mods to the porting inside...

Archived