Interstate car purchase logistics

Sorry for a late contribution. I shipped my 996 GT3 from Gold Coast to Perth where I live. I looked at Ceva, but heard a bad story of a friend's M3 loosing its exhaust system in a reloading exercise. I found Uloadit and Gerry Keating was awesome. I have pics, the car was reversed into a container, wheels chocked and strapped to the container and serious padding allround and dust cover on the car. It arrived in perfect shape. They used a tilt tray transporter to take the car out of the container, rather than try to unload the container. It wasn't the cheapest choice but I would do this again in a flash. Highly recommended.

The container travelled by rail.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I moved an XJS from Perth to Brisbane years ago..  I was a bit mortified when I arrived at the shipping yard to watch them fork lift the car onto the backload, strap it down and pretty much drive off..!  Arrived safe enough though with a broken brake line..  It was a rat rod anyway - claimed to be the lightest XJS in the country which used to lap Oran park very quickly with a 454 up front.  Fun car.

Ahh, the old days where we didn't really give two shits  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I live in Melbourne and bought a car in Perth WA.

Transportation was handled by CEVA, covered transport Depot to Depot around $650. Car arrived spotless and ahead of schedule and you can track it from start to finish.

Only issue is they must have left the key in the ignition the whole time, and we all no the end result of that...

• 7 months later...

Gents, might need to move a car from Brissy to Melbourne.  CEVA reckon they have a 4 week backlog, Prixcar are 'normal' 7 day transit.

Anyone used Prixcar?  If so how was the experience?

Gents, might need to move a car from Brissy to Melbourne.  CEVA reckon they have a 4 week backlog, Prixcar are 'normal' 7 day transit.

Anyone used Prixcar?  If so how was the experience?

I was tempted due to the cost, but went with CEVA. Some reviews of Prixcar here keeping in mind bad experiences are more likely to be uploaded than those that were happy and just moved on....

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/prixcar.html

Life's a gamble.

I usused Prix car for my 924 from Victoria to NSW door to door .....

I also read the reviews ..... didn't really put me off.

Car was picked up and dropped off with absolutely no issues ....

My experience only ....

If anyone is interested I can offer a drive door to door service rather than shipping.  If I have a two way transfer then no one way flight charge but cost varies subject to pick up location and travel distance.  Photos and pick up and delivery report provided. Car washed prior to delivery.

• 3 weeks later...

Used Prixcar Bris-Melb, arrived early, vehicle was well presented, easy to deal with, great tracking service. All good, touch wood.

But, the Bris depot is in BFN and like Fort Knox.  But no issue, really

I used CEVA door to door to bring my 84 911 Carrera from Perth to Melbourne last month and am personally happy with my experience, though glad I didn't see this topic till now! Cost was around $1050 give or take a few dollars.

Was meant to usually take around 2 weeks, but there were a couple of extra delays which dragged it out to one day short of four weeks. One was the volume of cars heading East in their books (usually around 200 but was closer to 450 cars in the queue) and then heavy flooding in WA cut off the main rail line for a number of days.

Archived