Disrobing KLASSSSY / De-959-ing

JonoF

The Show Must Go On

So.......I'm keeping KLASSSSY!

I have licked my wounds.

I have accepted that punters get scammed all the time.

I have made up stories (in my mind) that scammers must have been dropped on their heads as young children and/or not had parents that loved them.

I have taken on your respective supportive comments.

So,.... my jets are cooled and I'm taking things in my stride.

Having reached these milestones over the course of the weekend, today, the heavens opened, the red sea parted, and a perfect early roof and narrow body quarters walked into my life.  They have been offered to me by a very well known and reputable parts supplier.  The parts are not cheap, but the supplier understood my scammer related woes and is happy for me to take my time with payment.

I guess some days the hero does get a little win.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, if you need to buy big ticket items (or anything really!) call on us to check it's legit!  Everyone loves it as we get to live vicariously :D

Yep.  I'm happy to assist if needs be.  I live and work near Aporschapart as an example.  I think we all want to see this as success so use the resources around you.

BACK TO MY ROOTS - DUCATI DISTRACTIONS

While I have decided to keep the 911E, I spent the entire week with the shits, kicking myself for being scammed. 

This weekend, I decided to leave the world of Porsches alone and go back to my roots - Ducatis. 

I bought this ex race Ducati 450 Desmo (1973) a couple of years ago. I spent the weekend wiring and tuning the dual plug racing ignition. 

First kick in 20 years - Vroooooommmmmm!  The sound of 450 cubic cms sprung to life in a cocophony of roars. 

I took it around the block and nearly died! The acceleration from 5000RPM to 110000RPM is mind boggling and deafening. 

It's been a great way to distract me from the scammer crap.  

Some photos for your viewing pleasure. 

BEFORE: 

6BBEC051-2546-4FFB-ABA4-A7D524B5020A_zps

95F3C0A0-DF09-43E6-945B-653D4238CC85_zps

02507BBD-414B-4656-B37D-B1DEAC6D013B_zps

TODAY: 

F7CC0EBE-47E9-44F8-BF85-47CE2CF93672_zps

BACK TO MY ROOTS - DUCATI DISTRACTIONS

While I have decided to keep the 911E, I spent the entire week with the shits, kicking myself for being scammed. 

This weekend, I decided to leave the world of Porsches alone and go back to my roots - Ducatis. 

I bought this ex race Ducati 450 Desmo (1973) a couple of years ago. I spent the weekend wiring and tuning the dual plug racing ignition. 

First kick in 20 years - Vroooooommmmmm!  The sound of 450 cubic cms sprung to life in a cocophony of roars. 

I took it around the block and nearly died! The acceleration from 5000RPM to 110000RPM is mind boggling and deafening. 

It's been a great way to distract me from the scammer crap.  

Some photos for your viewing pleasure. 

BEFORE: 

6BBEC051-2546-4FFB-ABA4-A7D524B5020A_zps

95F3C0A0-DF09-43E6-945B-653D4238CC85_zps

02507BBD-414B-4656-B37D-B1DEAC6D013B_zps

TODAY: 

F7CC0EBE-47E9-44F8-BF85-47CE2CF93672_zps

is that 'the' orange that tricks the wife into thinking you only have one bike?

Is that 'the' orange that tricks the wife into thinking you only have one bike?

Well spotted mate. 

This was my first orange bike: 

9B22D156-D4C7-4EAA-8526-68A18B8E1DA9_zps

This was the second: 

D9ACFDC0-C098-4FEF-BA1D-9C9A977A49ED_zps

They look the same, don't they..... Except for the single cylinder vs the v-twin engines... 

• 3 weeks later...

Things have been slow over the past couple of months. I have been decluttering the shed to make room to build my 3.0L engine. 

My good news is that Porsche parts picking legend, Matthew from Retro Automotive in the US, has found the last pieces of my puzzle: 

IMG_6974.jpg

IMG_6975.jpg

IMG_6972.jpg

Now my parts are en route to Sydney in a big arse wooden crate. Very exciting indeed.  

IMG_6980.jpg

I look forward to test fitting the genuine original 71E hood, guards, decklid, bumpers, lights, etc. 

Things that make you go VROOMMM - Part 2

Gents

I have tried all manner of tricks to find  the original engine that came with my 911E. I have had lots of very close engine numbers offered to me (one within 10 numbers of the original), but no one has found the original. 

I have two questions to throw out to the caucus: 

(1) will the car be more valuable with a period correct original 2.2E engine (but not matching numbers) or a worked 3.0L? I know the boys on the 901 forum prefer the latter for speed and reliability, but not sure about on-sell value; and 

(2) what does your perfect 3.0L engine look like? Mine is a short stroked 3.2L (3.0L case, 3.0L crank, oversize P&Cs) with ITBs and electronic ignition. @LeeM - your guidance appreciated. :)

1. Non matching 2.2E for resale.

2. A 3.2 with nice exhaust for driving - really good match for an early chassis and say 6 or 7 x 15's wheels.  And heaps cheaper than a SS with ITB's etc.  I have this combo in my 73 targa - I live close to Paddington and would be happy to take you for a fang.

1. Non matching 2.2E for resale.

2. A 3.2 with nice exhaust for driving - really good match for an early chassis and say 6 or 7 x 15's wheels.  And heaps cheaper than a SS with ITB's etc.  I have this combo in my 73 targa - I live close to Paddington and would be happy to take you for a fang.

Awesome. Would love to come for a cruise in your 3.2L fitted 73! ;)

Obrut's guidance would be far more beneficial to you than me Jono.

For what it's worth, the original engine size (non matching numbers) would probably be more attractive to a purist. What 'I' would do is shove the biggest engine in I could

Obrut's guidance would be far more beneficial to you than me Jono.

For what it's worth, the original engine size (non matching numbers) would probably be more attractive to a purist. What 'I' would do is shove the biggest engine in I could

I live by this haha

but it's a slippery slope and you end up with 3.6's in everything 

I am very interested, but cost always seemed prohibitive. Have either of you done it? If so, what ball park $ did you spend (including cost if the 3.6 as a donor engine)?

I know/knew of, a 3.6 race engine. Was $27k I think. Cost the owner $36k all up. I can ask if he still has it if you like? Came out of a 964 track car and refreshed.

Dare say a 3.6 would be anywhere from $25k to $35k to rebuild

I know/knew of, a 3.6 race engine. Was $27k I think. Cost the owner $36k all up. I can ask if he still has it if you like? Came out of a 964 track car and refreshed.

Dare say a 3.6 would be anywhere from $25k to $35k to rebuild

Yes please. I'm not 100%, but very interested at exploring and costing up all my options. :)

Legend. Thanks. 

It's still available. I'll try and find the email he sent me with photo's and spec's. Pm me your email address and I'll forward it on for you to contact him if you're interested

Here ya go

$28k

2016-10-12%2022.34.49.png

Screenshot_2016-10-12-22-33-32.png

Archived