Disrobing KLASSSSY / De-959-ing

JonoF

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry @JonoF ..... I just bought Klassy and the red coupe shell for myself.  

Let's see who can build the best un-959.

I wish you had just told me that it was no longer available. :( 

So you bought Klassy from Zags as a roller? Are you also going to buy the 3.3L turbo engine that Zags took out of Klassy? 

Anyway, we're definitely having a de-959-off! 

Don't bite Jono, I think Trev's having a lend....he's got a little more up top than to take on the real Klassy .... Hope that motor turns up for you - Don't go sending $5000 to Private John Smith at the Pilbara army base who's mate has it in his cousin's garage

I wish you had just told me that it was no longer available. :( 

So you bought Klassy from Zags as a roller? Are you also going to buy the 3.3L turbo engine that Zags took out of Klassy? 

Anyway, we're definitely having a de-959-off! 

Hahaha @sandy468 is on to me...  I'm just winding you up Jono, I meant to come back to this thread sooner rather than than leave you hanging! Sorry dude.

No Klassy for me.  I did see the owner last night and asked about the car.  It's a 69.  He still has it but isn't real keen on moving it as he has another project 911 and wants to be able to cut bits off it if needed.  I'll keep pressing him but don't hold your breath on this one... 

The 959 battle would have been fun though!

Hahaha @sandy468 is on to me...  I'm just winding you up Jono, I meant to come back to this thread sooner rather than than leave you hanging! Sorry dude.

No Klassy for me.  I did see the owner last night and asked about the car.  It's a 69.  He still has it but isn't real keen on moving it as he has another project 911 and wants to be able to cut bits off it if needed.  I'll keep pressing him but don't hold your breath on this one... 

The 959 battle would have been fun though!

You got me!

I completely understand where the owner of the shell is coming from. But if he doesn't need the roof, I'd very happily purchase it from him! It's always good to have some extra cashola for those final bits of his project! ;)

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire

Just a quick update. 

A fellow contacted me via Gumtree. He saw my wanted ad for the roof.  He is apparently located in far North Queensland and apparently has a shell. 

He offered the shell to me and has offered to bring it down to Newcastke in a few weeks (he apparently lives in Newcastle). 

Paid him a deposit for the shell (half the asking price). He told me he needed the cash for a bike he is buying this weekend - I believed him as I have done to sane thing to buyers before when I'm running tight on cash and I've already bought my next project before selling the old one. 

Anyway, fingers crossed this shell is real and I haven't just transferred a bucket load of cash to some random scammer!

You're a braver (correct word?) man than me Jono! Seriously hope it comes through for you mate -  Two sayings spring to mind - Who dares wins  and  A Fool and his money .........

That bike you have for sale on Ebay 2nd time around now, having trouble selling it huh? Have Ceva bring it to me next week coz I need the bike then,and I'll bring the $$$$$ to you in October when I come to Sydney after I sell my collection of Beta VCR's ........We live in hope Jono!

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire

Just a quick update. 

A fellow contacted me via Gumtree. He saw my wanted ad for the roof.  He is apparently located in far North Queensland and apparently has a shell. 

He offered the shell to me and has offered to bring it down to Newcastke in a few weeks (he apparently lives in Newcastle). 

Paid him a deposit for the shell (half the asking price). He told me he needed the cash for a bike he is buying this weekend - I believed him as I have done to sane thing to buyers before when I'm running tight on cash and I've already bought my next project before selling the old one. 

Anyway, fingers crossed this shell is real and I haven't just transferred a bucket load of cash to some random scammer!

ballsy move.  I hope you weren't scammed.  Any FNQ PFAers who can check it out?  Sounds dodgy as all get out to me.

oh, and I hope I just didn't fall for another gag.

FAAAARRRkKKK! 

I got scammed. 

The owner's story checked out last night. He sent me a photo of his driver's licence. He sent me his Commonwealth Bank details. He sent me the VIN. All looked good. 

He randomly decided to send me the engine number from the car overnight..... I googled the engine number this morning.....and.....fark! It's the same engine number as a 911 currently for sale in the UK!!!!!!! The guy has scammed me! 

I contacted the bank as soon as I found out. Bank is in process of disputing the transfer.  

Contacted the seller - radio silence. 

I will post his details (assuming they aren't the right ones) tomorrow. 

Lesson learned! Don't post "WANTED" ads on Gumtree! 

You're a braver (correct word?) man than me Jono! Seriously hope it comes through for you mate -  Two sayings spring to mind - Who dares wins  and  A Fool and his money .........

That bike you have for sale on Ebay 2nd time around now, having trouble selling it huh? Have Ceva bring it to me next week coz I need the bike then,and I'll bring the $$$$$ to you in October when I come to Sydney after I sell my collection of Beta VCR's ........We live in hope Jono!

The bike is legitimately the most beautifully crafted thing and the most aggressive mechanical bike I've ever ridden / owned. 

I've had heaos of crap offers from jerks wanting to pay $3000 for it. Kids just don't appreciate good quality well crafted machines!

Aaah Jono, Scumtree claims another victim - all kinds of opportunists lurking in the shadows there, well, everywhere. In this case Who dares doesn't win ....Don't tell the missus!

Your bike's a good one and must be a bit of fun to throw around, a well crafted "extreme" Café racer like that appeals to such a niche market - I've seen Deus machines sit forever trying to sell (always priced way too high) .... very few will pay for the time and quality ..I'm not a buyer but if I was, I'd be paying about 5K, or up to 7K if I really really wanted it... GLWS mate and keep up the roof hunt, there is one siting somewhere just waiting for you, and your cash!

""Also, my lovely wife has "kindly" informed me that I apparently no longer ride motorcycles"". No no no, once we "ride" motorbikes, we always "ride" motorbikes til we no longer can. Even if it just sits up the back of the shed or we don't own one, there's another one with our name on it for later on...

FAAAARRRkKKK! 

I got scammed. 

The owner's story checked out last night. He sent me a photo of his driver's licence. He sent me his Commonwealth Bank details. He sent me the VIN. All looked good. 

He randomly decided to send me the engine number from the car overnight..... I googled the engine number this morning.....and.....fark! It's the same engine number as a 911 currently for sale in the UK!!!!!!! The guy has scammed me! 

I contacted the bank as soon as I found out. Bank is in process of disputing the transfer.  

Contacted the seller - radio silence. 

I will post his details (assuming they aren't the right ones) tomorrow. 

Lesson learned! Don't post "WANTED" ads on Gumtree! 

That is really shitty mate. I am sure you will pull it all together.  

Jono, take that Gumtree ad down now!! Let the dust settle and revisit it in a few days,,, take your SC out for a half day blast in the hills and have a few whiskies tonight or tomorrow night ( or tomorrow morning)....the decision in a few days will be the right one for you....

If anyone is interested in purchasing KLASSSSY, please let me know. I've been pushed over the edge by its scammer and pulling up the white flag. :(

in the great museum of Porsche scams and project setbacks it's not even in the lowest tier of storage.  Read the PP forums -there are people who have been relieved of 20 or 30 large.

think of it as backing into the garage and destroying a freshly painted door.  It stings but you can get back up.

Things happen in three acts.  In the first act we establish the hero and the protagonist.   The second act is where the hero faces setbacks and the protagonist seems to be about to win.  The third act is where it starts bad but then the hero starts to accumulate wins and emerges triumphant.

we are midway through the second act here.  Don't close the curtains on us!

I've made myself a deal...

If I can recoupe the money via the bank (on the basis that the "seller" gave fraudulent identity details to open his CBA bank account), I'll keep the car. 

If I cannot, then I'll sell the bloody 911E project and just enjoy thrashing around in my SC.

Fingers crossed the hero is triumphant. 

Thats how I would do it mate. You've been had by an opportunist low life (I have too, though not to the same amount) yet if you can get past the amount of cash you lost and keep your vision alive in your head, I'd wait for a bit until you just can't justify keeping it. 

I'm sure we all understand where you're at after getting ripped off, and some of us aren't in the financial position to be able to write off a few dollars and 'Keep it', but if you have the passion for that car to be able to see if through, you'll be able to pat yourself on the back and say 'I did that', and enjoy the car more than your SC.

Look away from it for a while, regroup, then get stuck in. Even if you have to get a loan to finance the thing, it will be worth it in the long run

Holy shit man thats gotta suck!! We somethimes take people for granted to much. It would be good if everyone was like us but unfortunately this is not the case. I sent you my deposit for the 911 with out thinking twice. Well if you do decide to part classy out you will recoupe your money back pretty easily.

Archived