It's a great car, handles like a dream and performs flawlessly, on the Lithgow weekend, if I didn't have the gearbox sitting outside my car, there would be a deposit on the car with mine up for sale.  Would really like to upgrade to an s2, I have the go from the minister of finance, but the timing is not working for me.

So someone grab it and take me out of my misery. 

Edited by Port 911

It's a great car, handles like a bream and performs flawlessly, on the Lithgow weekend, if I didn't have the gearbox sitting outside my car, there would be a deposit on the car with mine up for sale.  Would really like to upgrade to an s2, I have the go from the minister of finance, but the timing is not working for me.

So someone grab it and take me out of my misery. 

:cool07: errrrrr ok....

I'm really surprised that there's 4 944S2s still sitting on the market at around the $30k mark. I know one is cosmetically not great so that makes sense, and another has high ks; but surely the other 2 would be snapped up? Is it because they're both white??

IMHO.....2 of the cars are PFAers cars so they should be reasonable propositions.  Tingys white S2 looks great with only minimal stuff probably that needs doing.  The silver Vic car (also PFA) probably only has the ks hindering it's sale.  If the car is looked after it should do 400 to 500k. Certainly Buchanan's have seen a few 500k cars that are still good runners so perhaps condition not ks should be considered.

The white Vic S2 - I spoke to the owner & his story has a lot of holes ......but maybe I'm being harsh.

The 96k S2  -  well that'll take a special kind of buyer & the cabriolet again is an acquired taste.

I absolutely LOVE a 944 in white.  In fact if someone would like to relieve me of my silver S2 I would buy Tingy's S2 in a heartbeat.

White over Marine Blue - YES PLEASE!!!!!!

Edited by Jason E

What would you have bought for $35k-depreciating - instead,  if you were like 99% of commuters?

I certainly told my wife a heap of times that this car was an appreciating asset.........................................................................................................possibly..........

IMHO.....2 of the cars are PFAers cars so they should be reasonable propositions.  Tingys white S2 looks great with only minimal stuff probably that needs doing.  The silver Vic car (also PFA) probably only has the ks hindering it's sale.  If the car is looked after it should do 400 to 500k. Certainly Buchanan's have seen a few 500k cars that are still good runners so perhaps condition not ks should be considered.

The white Vic S2 - I spoke to the owner & his story has a lot of holes ......but maybe I'm being harsh.

The 96k S2  -  well that'll take a special kind of buyer & the cabriolet again is an acquired taste.

I absolutely LOVE a 944 in white.  In fact if someone would like to relieve me of my silver S2 I would buy Tingy's S2 in a heartbeat.

White over Marine Blue - YES PLEASE!!!!!!

What are ya waitin' for!

Special price for PFA'ers;)

I am willing to discuss some sort of swap Tingy.  Everyone knows silver S2's are the REAL deal however I am magnanimous & willing to be kind to you.:ph34r:

That wouldn't be a bad deal actually, lots of new parts on yours, although isn't this where I am supposed to talk mine up not yours.:)

It's funny how everyone who has contacted me about the S2 says that it's not they're favourite combo, White over Marine Blue, but they could live with it, me included, you however Jason must be from another planet.:D

• 2 weeks later...

it eas for sale not that long ago.. it looks great, but it's interesting how some colours make a car look more dated than other colours

I really don't mind the cream interiors (my old Lexus had the same) & this one looks to be in great knick.  The Zyclam (spelling fail) Red though is not my thing.  I agree with you on that Jonathan.  Reminds me more of a pre update car. 

This is the same seller as before so the car was pulled from the market for some reason & is now listed for about 4k less than before.