Wow UK ebay has a whole bunch of great 924/944/968s

Jason E

First time i've ever looked at UK ebay for front engined Porsches.  What a gold mine!  If only it was easy to get them here.  Sigh............

I am really starting to fall for these cars & am definitely going to get one.  Spoke to Don Munro here in Brisbane & he gave them a really strong wrap!   

Funny, I just looked all through them on uk ebay earlier today too!

Some beauties hey, but on such low $ cars cost more to get them here than they are worth, but so many more to choose from!

First time i've ever looked at UK ebay for front engined Porsches.  What a gold mine!  If only it was easy to get them here.  Sigh............

I am really starting to fall for these cars & am definitely going to get one.  Spoke to Don Munro here in Brisbane & he gave them a really strong wrap!   

There good cars people need to drive them to appreciate them, if anyone ever gets a chance to drive one take it you just might be pleasantly surprised.

I drove a pretty average old, unloved 944 the other day Tingy & i've gotta say i'm hooked.  I am going to get something either 944/968 (i'd even consider a good 924 depending on condition).  I think though a 944S2 or a 968 would really float my boat.  That Turbo that sold in SA recently was a good buy it would seem.  I watched a Yank reviewing a 944 Turbo the other day & he was almost gushing by the end of the drive. (I almost cried when they were talking about the prices too- so cheap for good autos!)

Hey Jason

Always on ebay UK as its a great place to get parts as well....

Agree with Tingy totally, once you have the pleasure of driving these cars you realise how great they are and that they are very underratedB)

Hope you can have a drive and get a good one when you can, there are still quite a few around........

You guys sound like Adam & Tazzie plugging 928s! Trying to move the prices up hey.:D They are a top car.

No inflating prices please gents until AFTER i've purchased one thanks. (insert smiley face)

You guys sound like Adam & Tazzie plugging 928s! Trying to move the prices up hey.:D They are a top car.

I'll add another layer to the 944 love cake :D Mine is a great useable classic that easily turns heads , perhaps because it's the bright red version.
Nothing bad about these cars.

Hypothetically, what would an Aus delivered 968 manual (non clubsport) coupe with 150k on the clock ( black on black, Cup 2's, full books and history ect) be worth??

I don't think there's too many good manuals around, otherwise the ones on carsales would be gone

Hard to say without seeing it, 27k plus depending on condition and when belts etc need doing, if i were you and you know where one is don't tell a soul and go grab it for the best price you think.:D

Do some research and look for what they are selling for OS as well and armed with this info I'm sure you will work out a price, good luck with it and go with your gut, mostly it works.

For what it's worth I can say what the current costs for importation are as my 944 cab is leaving the UK next Saturday

UKOriginCosts

Col lection by transporter.

£199.00

Load and Secure

£75.00

UK Export clearance charges

£36.00

Shipping  charges to arival destination port

£738.00

TotalUKOriginCosts

TotalDestinationCharges Total

£1,048.00

£397.00 £1,445.00

Destination Costsand Port Agents service charges.

Discharge container from vessel to port.(TerminalHandlingCharge)

£44.00

Transport to customs clearance centre at destination and ofload

£165.00

QuarantineEntry

£77.00

QuarantineInspection

£69.00

Agents charges,EDI and CMR fee, Sea cargo automation and Shipping Line Documents £42.00

On top there is Marine insurance at 2% of value

Then there are various charges this end, duty at 5%, GST of 10% of cars value, shipping costs, insurance cost etc, I'll know more in a couple of months

I cant see any change from $6000 costs not including buying, rego, compliance, etc

Steve

I cant see any change from $6000 costs not including buying, rego, compliance, etc

I've paid ~50% tax for 30 years,  thus I'd have to earn $12k and get it past the wifey that such import was "good value". Then rego , insure , service & fix  it myself (lots of rubbery figures , even if I didn't, look up service time for a clutch...) , and deal with rust etc on a 30 yo salty car. 

These are expensive toys , these old classics.  They're only not expensive if you use them as daily drivers ;) 

Someone had to say it.

These are expensive toys , these old classics.  They're only not expensive if you use them as daily drivers ;) 

Someone had to say it.

I agree with your comments tazzie it seems regular driving is what is needed to keep the doctor away.

I've paid ~50% tax for 30 years,  thus I'd have to earn $12k and get it past the wifey that such import was "good value". Then rego , insure , service & fix  it myself (lots of rubbery figures , even if I didn't, look up service time for a clutch...) , and deal with rust etc on a 30 yo salty car. 

Someone had to say it.

Here here.....:P

Totally agree with you tazzieman.....

I drove a pretty average old, unloved 944 the other day Tingy & i've gotta say i'm hooked.  I am going to get something either 944/968 (i'd even consider a good 924 depending on condition).  I think though a 944S2 or a 968 would really float my boat.  That Turbo that sold in SA recently was a good buy it would seem.  I watched a Yank reviewing a 944 Turbo the other day & he was almost gushing by the end of the drive. (I almost cried when they were talking about the prices too- so cheap for good autos!)

If you have a heavy right boot, I'd suggest a 944 or 968 if you can afford it (and the slightly higher maintenance costs) over a 924.

924s are lovely things to drive, but certainly not fast. A really good one starts up towards $10k, and a good (early) 944 is not that much higher. Tingy's was an example of what a good car can be found for reasonable $$$.

I was going to hijack this thread and say they had lots of cheap 928 on ebay.co.uk as well, but it appears they don't....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-928s-1983-Manual-125k-miles-LHD-euro-spec-/282087698675?hash=item41adbcb0f3:g:2f4AAOSwzJ5XeBom

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-928-/322185239608?hash=item4b03bc9c38:g:OVoAAOSw0gdXTKKJ

People better buy their front engine cars soon, everyone is figuring out how good they really are..... :ph34r: I'd have one with 4 less cylinders if I could justify it.....

People better buy their front engine cars soon, everyone is figuring out how good they really are.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived