The definitive interior thread

michel

As the tangent moves along albeit slowly, Im now at a juncture where I'm looking into interiors. Im working with a silver metallic exterior, and classic silver/black, RSK silver/red with other highlights an easy solution, though I'm not averse to  the more unusual  scheme - Laura Ashley meets Butzi meets Eames at the local, circa 1973? 

So while I'm looking for particular inspirations, post the interior of your hearts longing in here..

not remarkable, but pleasant in a junior captain of industry kinda way 

.  image_86.jpeg

Maybe not as bright as this, but some red never goes astray in a silver car

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=silver+singer+porsche+interior&client=ms-android-hms-vf-au&biw=360&bih=640&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjNyquXwfnNAhUCE5QKHQ8fCEEQ_AUIBygB&dpr=3#imgrc=H_c46Li3P8uhYM%3A

Now that is brave and gallic cool. Hope there was a pack of gauloise crumpled on the passenger floor?

More pics of the sublime wonder appreciated, for that is, backdate or not, truly a 930 owner worthy of the mantle...

Le Mans...perhaps a 'definitive' thread is in order? Or infinitive, 'I go there to Le Mans , definitive picture thread' .

post em up

Engine fumes from the rear and Gauloise from the front..  Story of my childhood really..

Sometimes the Golden Virginia mixed with a 'bit of black' was a welcome change..!  Inspirational even for such interiors.

Well I paddle a different canoe to you 911 guys, but I am quite partial to what is in my garage :)IMG_0555_zpsh8avdbkn.jpg

Always liked the elegance of this 928....

1986-Porsche-928-S-Interior_zpssoh2x8ac.

and one for the 911 guys - well I would if I could find a picture of it... similar to Lee's above but all red and a slightly deeper red :)

I've been thinking a lot about this lately.

I've become used to/desensitised to sitting in a slightly unconventional interior with my marine blue/lipstick interior in the 930.

IMG_3013_zpsalvfp2bw.jpg

The hot rod needs an less ordinary interior. I've got some recaros (below) that I want to retrim the cushions/inserts on and do matching door cards.

IMG_6306_zpso6y5srsb.jpg

I've been thinking blue tartan. But maybe others with more panache could suggest something a bit more 'out there' that would work with a red car?? Not red.

New carpet too in something other than black is also on the cards - suggestions?

I like these:

SHD2219_zpsxo6cv31p.jpg

zPF_YellowTartan_zpsoqdnziy9.jpg

green%20tartan%20seats%20006_zpsavjdjh9j

IMG_05591430070138_zps7qnvobsj.jpg

I'm liking those blue Recaros, but then I'm a sucker for those anyway.

Friend in California built this one a couple of years ago, green with green tartan (albeit everyone does that these days)

18954749258_47cd64c0e3_z_d.jpg

I love your vision @GUT however, you will notice that all of these cars have their contrasting tartan to compliment the car's exterior. My thoughts are tartan or perhaps something in the coco mat configuration, but it will need to be a red derivative.

I just performed a 'red tartan' google image search and I'm thinking a colour that has a red splash rather than the main colour. eg black with red / greed with red / blue with red

I love your vision @GUT however, you will notice that all of these cars have their contrasting tartan to compliment the car's exterior. My thoughts are tartan or perhaps something in the coco mat configuration, but it will need to be a red derivative.

I just performed a 'red tartan' google image search and I'm thinking a colour that has a red splash rather than the main colour. eg black with red / greed with red / blue with red

I just have an aversion to red tartan. The ones with a red splash tend to be a bit subdued overall unfortunately. I get your point though. Maybe I need a new car. Preferably green. 

I just have an aversion to red tartan. The ones with a red splash tend to be a bit subdued overall unfortunately. I get your point though. Maybe I need a new car. Preferably green. 

Green you say? This needs an interior update....

http://www.dallasmotorsports.com/web/used/Porsche-911-S-Coupe-1977-Wylie-Texas/31368601/

*must* 

*resist*

Archived