82, 911SC TARGA Shannons Sydney Spring Auction

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2016-shannons-sydney-spring-classic-auction/J1RQ4ZJ2B06JA935/

Looks like an honest car with a guiding range of $52K TO $60K

The way A.C. prices are going lately a Targa may be a feasible way to get into A.C. ownership.

For some reason a lot of people class Targa's as the red headed, gap toothed step child.

I just don't understand that attitude...

The way A.C. prices are going lately a Targa may be a feasible way to get into A.C. ownership.

I would think it has been that way for the past few years.  But it begs the question , how many people buy a sports car for the look ? The targa is quite different to a coupe. let alone the potential for cabin leaks (and we all get rain on weekends whether we like it or not).

AC prices are plateauing , except for the "investor grade" cars. The Air Cooled experience is as much about driving as it is about gazing so you are right Niko, targas

are a worthy cause, if not an investment. 

Yes , why on earth hasn't that sold? Are people really that scared of LHD?

Throw $45k at them and I reckon itll be sold

Even with my distaste for LHD, I'd buy it if I had the coin if the engine was ok. Bodywork is cheap to fix, engines ain't! 

With regards to Targa's, and having only driven one, they're not 'that' bad to be labelled a bastard child, as they drive the same as a coupe. I personally wouldn't own one or a Boxster, as I much prefer coupe's. Though if one was immaculate, very cheap and lowered I'd drive one. I'd just have to wear gold chains and bracelets, with loads of product in my hair listening to doof doof music out of my fully sick subwoofers! ;-) 

I think Targa's are coming of age now... Obviously when a certain model becomes sought after, the coupe is the first to appreciate as it's the iconic shape and driving experience. Also, the targa has, in the past, received negative attention due to leaking etc, but a nicely sorted one shouldn't be far off coupe values...

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't get to the auction as interstate but was told it was a very clean car and reasonable money for AU matching, could have gone for more on the right night.  I'm with u Amanda a Targa is probably the right model for aircooled entry at the moment. But not for too long.....

Hi A, good to see you back.    Keep the dream alive.....you'll get one I have no doubt!

Hi Niko!  Been meaning to drop you an email.   I enjoy my MINI but my heart will always belong to Porsche.  I will get another, but just need the mortgage to go down a bit and a nice regular job. I've spent the last 2 years doing contract work and probably half of that not working.  Thats about to change tho :)

I didn't get to the auction as interstate but was told it was a very clean car and reasonable money for AU matching, could have gone for more on the right night.  I'm with u Amanda a Targa is probably the right model for aircooled entry at the moment. But not for too long.....

Tips the Targas have always been a great model to get into the air-cooled market.  I KICK myself every time I think about the one I nearly bought for $26k.  Funnily enough I don't kick myself for not buying the 964 Cab that I had the PPI done on. I think in hindsight I'd have really been in a pickle with that car given the amount of finance I was going to undertake to buy it! Never a good idea.

This is just perfection. White Targa and that leather ooof to die for :wub:

1982-porsche-911sc-targa-coupe.jpg

Archived