show us your other rides

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah sort of D.

After getting out and about with the little bloke in my car I can't bring myself to sell it. He loves it as much as I do. When he hears it come on boost he looks at me with a mad grin and yells "BOOSCHT BOOSCHT". Just too hart warming to do it.

Not to mention pulling up at lights with him sitting like a boss on the "right" side of the car with the windows down and him smiling at people waving saying "Bye Bye".

This is now my other ride. At a much much later date IE maybe never it might get a Pre-runner style makeover.

32A45B37-5A18-47D6-A67F-8CF4E127D300-565

Yeah its a barrel of fun in a scary 2 stroke way. Everything on it is high end stuff so the only thing I need to do is a Recluse clutch and a handbrake for the rear. 

Little more detail.

IMG_2260_zps8552bf5c.jpg

_57-9_zps45309d21.jpg

I used to do a lot of riding with gas gas riders and they love 'em, one guy only has one leg and loves his six days.

A couple of mine.. 

My old X5 

img1056xt.jpg

Great ocean road

img1189vd.jpg

Picking fruit in Bacchus Marsh

img1173c.jpg

The X5 towing my old JZZ12 Toyota Soarer (I fitted it with a 1JZ GTE + R154 for the punters) 

photo1gdd.jpg

Yeah we got around me and that car, kinda miss it! 

photo17041251314pm.jpg

Will never forget driving it through a flood in Coffs Harbour a year or two ago, with a car trailer of course.. lol

The current daily grind as delivered to us! 

1355565839258.jpg

1355565745846.jpg

I used to do a lot of riding with gas gas riders and they love 'em, one guy only has one leg and loves his six days.

Was his name Stuart? There are only 25 of them in Australia so it's a 1 in 25 chance. The bloke I bought it off walked with an limp..

Bang for buck they are hard to go past. You get a lot of bike if are willing to forgo any kind of lazyness like electric start and very much non trail bike suspention. To me it feels very much like me old Foes downhill bike. It hated to be riden slowly over stuff. It was harsh and twitchy. Ride it at 1,000mph with your hair on fire over the same ground and it was silky smooth and tracked dead straight.

• 2 weeks later...

My other driving passion is offroad, I have a modified 100 series Landcruiser, I have done many trips and prefer the more remote locations, the Kimberley, Simpson desert, Central Australia and the Victorian High country. I try to get away for at least a few weeks each year with some mates or even the wife.

dune2.jpg

Archived