show us your other rides

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, I have lusted after Ducati's almost as long as I have Porsche, and like Porsche, the red ones just look right to me :)

If they were not  worth so much they would be considered more trouble that they were worth

This may help.

imagesCA2LE79D_zps25f4615c.jpg

I know what you mean , since the early 80`s I have owned at least two Italians, three at the same time for nearly 30 years. six in total, so am well versed with        PROBLEMO  ITALIANO .there is always something wrong or if not there will be soon 

Think I had the only Ducati That never had a failure.

Had my 900 monster for 5 years or so with not a single issue other than falling off it

Knew a guy with a monster that had so many random electrical failures they gave him a replacement bike. The replacement duke was so problematic they replaced that one with a cbr1000rr.

• 3 months later...

My daily is a Toyota Hilux MY10. Would love to get off road some more exploring but none of my mates have 4WD's and those who I do venture out with occasionally are into medium to heavy off roading which I'm not interested in due to the amount of damage they do to their cars.

IMG_1560.jpg

Yamaha R6 06. My first bike (learnt to ride on it) which I have been talking about upgrading for years but can't justify it as I don't use this one enough.

R6.jpg

My daily drive, 1990 E30 BMW 325i. I've had her for about 4 years and freshened everything up bar the engine, which still feels strong and revs freely. Great handling car and the harder you push it the better it feels. I always wanted to convert it to a 3.2 m3 engine but I decided to spend the money on my 911!post-1333-0-12346800-1371996252_thumb.jp

My daily drive, 1990 E30 BMW 325i. I've had her for about 4 years and freshened everything up bar the engine, which still feels strong and revs freely. Great handling car and the harder you push it the better it feels. I always wanted to convert it to a 3.2 m3 engine but I decided to spend the money on my 911!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Norm, This might interest you. A colleague of mine has been fitting a S50 M3 motor into his e21.  learning how  to do it all as he goes. 

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php/36546-Nigels-E21-S50B30-Project/page4?s=0600002df1f8e6ce9c80ad98561575d5

WP_20130325_002.jpg

found a great sneaky shot of my beetle (I should get off my backside and put it together - it's a full bare metal respray under there in the original colour of strato blue)

Norm, This might interest you. A colleague of mine has been fitting a S50 M3 motor into his e21.  learning how  to do it all as he goes. 

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php/36546-Nigels-E21-S50B30-Project/page4

I'm also a member of that forum too..! The guys on there are very helpful and experienced. So many BMW guys fit different engines, modify cars and race them.

Unfortunately I don't have the time or garage space to do it myself. In the future when I go part time I might consider it though. In the near future though I think my money will go straight into the 911, and in particular more power!

I'm also a member of that forum too..! The guys on there are very helpful and experienced. So many BMW guys fit different engines, modify cars and race them.

Unfortunately I don't have the time or garage space to do it myself. In the future when I go part time I might consider it though. In the near future though I think my money will go straight into the 911, and in particular more power!

Small world. Nige is proof that you don't need a lot to achieve big results. He's done all his work in the spare space in his dad's 2 car garage. As for time, no kids. Says it all.

Archived