show us your other rides

Small world. Nige is proof that you don't need a lot to achieve big results. He's done all his work in the spare space in his dad's 2 car garage. As for time, no kids. Says it all.

Ha ha, yes! I have an 18 month old who is hyperactive!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had one of these for over 12 years.  Bought it in the UK and toured extensively on the continent for 6 months, then shipped it to Australia.  Sold it, regretfully, about 7 years ago...too much baggage attached.  At least it had a boxer engine!!!

Citroen-2CV6-25967km-1984_zps5a3fbb6d.jp

I miss her....the car, not the "baggage".    :o

Some nice wheels everyone has :).  My other ride can be seen in my avatar... Honda Lead 100cc scooter.

Clearly the pinnacle of style and speed in 2013.

My other ride is also a Honda.  More of a hail beaten CRV. I won't pollute this forum with a photo

Nice......thanks Huge,  It is in good company there in the garage.    Even greater and a surprise to see this racer still running the unbreakable (just about) L series OHC motor.    No turbos or other radical stuff....Love it... (although I don't think it will still be a 2400cc)

Wobbly, I'm guessing that is a partial picture of some crazy performance bike, I think?

Yup, its mah other baby :) though sitting in shed with a broken clutch cable ... its only been about 2 years though ... i'll get it fixed ... "soon" ...  :blink:

46794_426909848597_4450363_n.jpg

41201_426909803597_565472_n.jpg

Was originally an 06 model kawasaki ZX10R that some kind soul decided to throw down the road after doing about 900kms from brand new.  Got it from auction, repaired it, got a VIV sorted out and then set about some of the more interesting modifications.  Mechanically pretty stock apart from a power commander (fuel injection tuning kit) and a custom made exhaust (made by hand by the lovely guys at bikecraft out of sections tacked in place and then welded on the bench).  Not that it needs much with somewhere over 160hp at the wheel, less weight than stock and a pair of MX bars on it ... !

Nice bike mate! I rode one of those old ZX12r's built as a Naked racebike. It was THE most mental thing I've ever ridden! Stupid amount of torque and outright power

I raced in the Formula Xtreme Nakedbike series on a 180hp Yamaha FZ1 for coupla years, but that ZX was just ridiculous!

1969 Ford Perana.

Built to run the London-Sydney marathon, Panama-Alaska, and Shield of Africa rallies by Rainsford Motorsport in Adelaide. 

302 Windsor, TKO 5 speed, LSD, DMS liquid cooled dampers, independent rear end. Huge fuel tank x 2, and doubled up ignition, cooling and electricals.

TWE, FIA, and CAMS log booked (when CAMS get their act together)

Sister car won London-Sydney in the hands of Blomqvist and Rainsford. Now lives in the UK.

The green sister car of Martin-Hurst lives in Holland.

The only one in captivity here.

Got an entry in the Sydney-London 2014. Might make it, might not.

Always wanted one of these, and never imagined one would pop up, but it did, and close to home. Couldn't believe it then, still can't really. I cant drive it much other than on the farm becuase of the WA licensing rules, but it does a good very good circle work.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I have yet to learn how to post pictures but my other rides are:

2013 Honda Accord Euro (the wife's car)

2013 Honda CRV (my shopping car)

2007 K1200GT Motor bike (that I have only put 10k's on since new)

2009 Riviera 47 Enclosed (the reason I don't get to ride the bike often).

No wonder I have no money!

• 2 months later...

I know how much some you guys like dirt bikes :ph34r: ....so I thought I'd  show you my new bike. Gas Gas 300 6 days. Power is nuts. Makes my 07 WR450 feel very slow and very heavy. It will power wheelie at any RPM in 4th gear.

IMG_2248_zps6c1afedb.jpg

IMG_2265_zpsdf14a03b.jpg

Archived