Drying your car

symsy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you just confess you detail your footy Niko?... I thought I was obsessed with detailing but that's on a whole new level compared to me! :lol:

For all interstate contributors a Sherrin is an AFL football.  Just wanted to clarify what Niko was referring to when he asked the question...........

Growing up in the housing commission suburb of Braybrook in the late 50's and 60"s a real footy was both rare and expensive,

so if you actually got one, you looked after it like it was gold.

Lots of nugget to protect it from the road scuffs.    That's when it was safe to kick a footy in the streets and on the road.;)

Growing up in the housing commission suburb of Braybrook in the late 50's and 60"s a real footy was both rare and expensive,

so if you actually got one, you looked after it like it was gold.

Lots of nugget to protect it from the road scuffs.    That's when it was safe to kick a footy in the streets and on the road.;)

Ahhh the good old days when it was great to be playing in the street and riding your bike all day and saying to mum at 8 am "see you mum" and then coming home just before dark.  Yes Niko like you I was from that neighbourhood.  Just up the road in Sunshine.  Have not been back there though for 30+ years so i bet it's changed now.

ha ha well at least we have both escaped and moved to the "right side" of the Maribynong River now.  

We went back and looked at our old place in Vine Street, a couple of weeks ago, I was glad my Mum couldn't see it now, it would have broken her heart.  

Not much has changed except that the current residents in the street really don't give a rats. 

We will have to compare notes somewhere along the line... 

Sorry all ...gone way of the post here.....

I dry mine by driving home from the carwash, where I use the foaming broom (after squirting the car and broom clean of course) must have done it on all cars dozens of times times ZERO SWIRLS, If the car isn`t covered in crap I use COSTCO M/F towels and spray detailer ZERO SWIRLS. If my cars do in fact have swirls that need an electron microscope to see I really don`t give a shit.

I dry mine by driving home from the carwash, where I use the foaming broom (after squirting the car and broom clean of course) must have done it on all cars dozens of times times ZERO SWIRLS, If the car isn`t covered in crap I use COSTCO M/F towels and spray detailer ZERO SWIRLS. If my cars do in fact have swirls that need an electron microscope to see I really don`t give a shit.

Ditto, but I don't go the broom!

Just drive em eh!   Go Steve :):):)

Carpro Perl is supposedly the best tyre dressing out there. I'm using Adams Super VRT at the moment which can be used on any plastic trim incl. engine bays and rubber etc. It's a satin finish and isnt greasy, nor does it sling all over the car once your wheels turn.

A good tip for tyre shining is to clean the wheels and then spray on the tyre shine BEFORE you wash the rest of the car. That way, any overspray on the body gets washed off. Once you have finished washing and drying the car, you can just wipe over the rims and tyres and they will still be nice and black.

If you spray the tyres last, it just gets everywhere.

Taking it one step further - I actually spray tyre shine on all my exterior rubbers about 15 minutes before I wash the car. Then when I wash and dry the car there is no residual srpay, but the rubbers all look nice and black afterwards.

Don't knock it till you've tried it... it really works.

Archived