996 C2 Manual Coupe Values

They are creeping slightly. I think the market for Man C2's are slightly skewed due to those 3 very low km's examples.

Autos are still pretty cheap, but they are all high kms

Although I mean if they are asking for 65k.. i would be very tempted to go the 997 for 70k. (but it does have high kms)

Anyway can't afford it.. will have to wait a little longer for the right one.

Both about 10k overpriced. 

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both about 10k overpriced. 

The manual is not over priced for such low kms, a black manual 02' with 79kms recently sold for 60k in vic. Was on carsales for about a week.

Can't comment on the other as I don't keep up with auto prices. 

The manual is not over priced for such low kms, a black manual 02' with 79kms recently sold for 60k in vic. Was on carsales for about a week.

Can't comment on the other as I don't keep up with auto prices. 

From the data i have, i haven't seen this car, was it a c4? The closest I have recently was a black man my04 at 74000kms in qld, asking for 58k. It was on for about 2-3 weeks. I only assume it sold for 54-55.

That silver low k one, I personally believe is overpriced, as it's been there since Jan. He's in no rush to sell, in the end maybe he'll find the right buyer, but i personally think 56-58k is a fair price.

About the mk1 silver cab, if it sold at 58k, seller got a really good price for that one. There was a nice 01 mk1 silver man coupe in SA at 73000kms asking for 48k, sold in about 2 weeks.

I guess in the end it's about finding the right buyer and the right seller.

(dam that seal gray looks nice, haven't seen one in manual ever though)

I didn't think seal grey was rare for 996.2. It is for 996.1 because as I understand it the colour did not become a standard colour until 2001 (mine just snuck in, and in manual!)

From the data i have, i haven't seen this car, was it a c4? The closest I have recently was a black man my04 at 74000kms in qld, asking for 58k. It was on for about 2-3 weeks. I only assume it sold for 54-55.

I picked up the black one in QLD for a little more than that. It's in amazing condition. These things are a bargain for the prices they are selling for. Like you, I was only interested in a manual C2. 

That silver low k one, I personally believe is overpriced, as it's been there since Jan. He's in no rush to sell, in the end maybe he'll find the right buyer, but i personally think 56-58k is a fair price.

About the mk1 silver cab, if it sold at 58k, seller got a really good price for that one. There was a nice 01 mk1 silver man coupe in SA at 73000kms asking for 48k, sold in about 2 weeks.

I guess in the end it's about finding the right buyer and the right seller.

(dam that seal gray looks nice, haven't seen one in manual ever though)

No wasn't a C4 was a C2 black on black manual 79k asking was 60k in Vic. Sold a week after it was listed. Based on this the silver one is accurately priced for its low kms. 

This one is an interesting C2. Aero kit looks good. Colours will divide opinions. Panel gap between frunk and bumper looks off. Headlights presumably updated from amber idicators. Also Boxster wheels. https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-14508355

Its been on carsales before. If it's the car im thinking of it made its was down from WA last year. Bought privately from a dealership then ended up on carsales because the owner was going overseas now being sold by a dealer. 

Did have those rims on it though, I sold the previous owner the airbox if it's the same car. Also genuine aerokit and im willing to bet the body gap is because the frunk is popped open

If only all advertisements included the build sticker the world would be a better place.  220 = LSD, but the XAA code for aerokit is missing, so I'm going for it being a retrofit. Agree that aerokit is genuine OEM part though, and that the frunk is just popped open in the pics.

I picked up the black one in QLD for a little more than that. It's in amazing condition. These things are a bargain for the prices they are selling for. Like you, I was only interested in a manual C2. 

good work on that one, i was staring at that for a long time. but figured i should get the color i want. I think what you paid is fair.

It just got bumped to $45,911

dang

At least the quick price movement is a fair indication that the market for a >100,000km '98 manual C2 is substantially over $35,000!  See @Aircon's views earlier in this thread

I was the first one to speak to him, wanted to arrange a ppi, he said he's got another buyer and what is my best price ? He'll sell to the highest bidder.

$35k manual 996 C2: https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-4642030

Tempted to buy it myself for that price

I was the first one to speak to him last night.

Yes his phone and emails ran hot, he agreed to a ppi this morning and the changed his tune and wanted me to enter into a. Bidding war with a local interested party....

Its been serviced at ultra tune who apparently services 911's?

The SA 911 earlier in this thread that was advertised for 48k with 73,000kms looks like a bargain IF he can get 46k.

I was the first one to speak to him last night.

Yes his phone and emails ran hot, he agreed to a ppi this morning and the changed his tune and wanted me to enter into a. Bidding war with a local interested party....

Its been serviced at ultra tune who apparently services 911's?

The SA 911 earlier in this thread that was advertised for 48k with 73,000kms looks like a bargain IF he can get 46k.

Ultra tune?! Really! IMO walk away

Archived