996 C2 Manual Coupe Values

Wow, trying to set a new benchmark for 996.1s. Reckon the GT3 badges/decals actually devalue it but to each their own  if they were removed it would be a tidy unit

https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2001/SSE-AD-4739628

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus the front bumper which does not have the opening in the middle for the third radiator.

Yup, although harder to tell because the tips have that 3rd radiator. Rear seats and sunroof are a give away as well. 

Substantially more than what the seller is discounting I would have thought

Substantially more than what the seller is discounting I would have thought

Totally agree...it's unregisterable in some states, I believe.

Speaking of WOV what is annoying is that the vicroads vcheck used to give a WOV status but now you need to do a PPSR check instead.

Different states have different laws but if it was a repairable write off (like this one or it wouldn't have been able to have a Vic registration) then it can be registered in other states. 

Statutory write off's (declared too badly damaged to be properly repaired) cannot be re registered in any states. 

I've seen in this ad and some others "Previously written off - yes". Is this a question the seller is supposed to answer or does Carsales get the data from the vin provided? I'd get a PPSR check done anyway on any car I was looking at buying but you'd hope the seller was honest before you got to that point and you discovered it was a write off.

What's a suitable discount for a repairable write off?

I purchased a repaired repairable write off Falcon in 2006. It was about 30% cheaper than non WOVR vehicles.  I was happy to carry the risk as it was my DD and I knew I'd get nothing at resale regardless of the WOVR status. The car ran really well for the 200k km I drove it and I don't regret the purchase.

However..  If I was purchasing a Porsche which wasn't going to be a daily driver, I feel the challenge of selling it on in the future would concern me.  So I would want at least a 30% discount on a non WOVR vehicle, and I'd look very closely at the car. For a s1 996 with a WOVR history, I'm thinking somewhere between $20-30k however I'm far from a 996 values expert.

SA inspection mob would require a tier 3 inspection, and ALL receipts for the parts and work done, including the repairer and where you or they bought the parts from. No if's, but's or maybe's. I looked into it last year with a cheap Cayman, and 2 different inspectors on separate phone call and a face to face visit told me they would have 2 experienced guys go over it with a fine tooth comb, especially an interstate crash repair purchase which they're not fans of

Saying that, I've heard plenty of negative stories about the inspection mob here, yet I've been through twice in the past 18 months with the LHD 912 and HK 911 which were both imports and interstate purchases, but they passed with flying colours (I can't begin to tell you how nervous I was on both occasions). The 911 had a couple of minor issues, yet they weren't safety concerns (touching the brake pedal and the parking lights coming on for instance. What the? ). The only way you'll know is by speaking to the inspectors themselves, not the buffoons in the rego departments who have no clue about the ins and outs of what is required (been there coupla times with the same 2 cars. Morons!) nor the expert Joe Bloggs at Cars n Coffee meets. You can read forums or talk to others about the legalities/requirements, yet who is actually an inspector that works at these places that can tell you with 100% certainty? 9.8/10 NONE!  

If in doubt, DON'T!  

• 2 weeks later...

oooerr.. this is nice

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4790064?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

Ticks all my boxes, too bad i've already bought one , but ooo.. very nice. IMS solution too.

What's the going rate for these - is this price reasonable?

There's a similar one which has been for sale for months which looks nice too.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4314596?_ga=2.187171821.454670795.1496811363-758373267.1473216622

There's bugger all difference, isn't there?

One has black clocks, the other white.

Other than that they're hard to separate. 

One has the IMS solution, that hands down would seal the deal for me. Oh and it also has parking sensors and HID headlights :D

well that other qld car use to be at 65k, now he's discounted it to 63.5k.. maybe he'll get his price, but definitely not when this other one is around,

ims solution + clutch and flywheel ( which i dont think the other car did) which alone is 7k job.

so my take is a fair price for non-ims one is probably 55-58k mark

For this guy with ims solution - i think 60k is pretty fair? 

well that other qld car use to be at 65k, now he's discounted it to 63.5k.. maybe he'll get his price, but definitely not when this other one is around,

ims solution + clutch and flywheel ( which i dont think the other car did) which alone is 7k job.

so my take is a fair price for non-ims one is probably 55-58k mark

For this guy with ims solution - i think 60k is pretty fair? 

I think the car with the IMS solution is worth the asking price also its an 03' other car is an 02'.

Archived