• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be keen on a day like this, would be great to meet some PFA'ers and I love a good private day.

Have done a lot of track days in other cars but am new to the Porsche community having just got my car a month ago (entered the August PCNSW Wakefield event today which will be my first track day in the Porsche).

I'd be keen on a day like this, would be great to meet some PFA'ers and I love a good private day.

Have done a lot of track days in other cars but am new to the Porsche community having just got my car a month ago (entered the August PCNSW Wakefield event today which will be my first track day in the Porsche).

A few of us will be at the SS 4 next month, come and say hello. 

SS 4 ????

Super Sprint Round 4, PCNSW.... c'mon Greg, bring that beastie down and join us! ;) 

So I have been in contact with Wakefield Park, I have some approx costs, I think its looking pretty attractive. 

Shall I start a new thread? 

Super Sprint Round 4, PCNSW.... c'mon Greg, bring that beastie down and join us! ;) 

So I have been in contact with Wakefield Park, I have some approx costs, I think its looking pretty attractive. 

Shall I start a new thread? 

Thank god for that! I thought you'd bought some weird version of a HSV. Can't come to PCNSW, haven't paid my dues. 

New thread is a good idea. 

Thank god for that! I thought you'd bought some weird version of a HSV. Can't come to PCNSW, haven't paid my dues. 

New thread is a good idea. 

lol no HSV's for me mate! Those days are over.. good point on the dues, I need to renew mine this week.

Have you got a date in mind?  Might be good to include in the new thread title to help rally the numbers we need.

Good work BTW.  Greatly appreciate your efforts.

I dont have a date in mind mate.. basically wakefield is booked for the year though. 

I am going to start a new thread right now... :) 

• 5 months later...

For those who were interested in doing a private day, PR Tech has a couple lined up at Wakefield this year already. 

I ran one of them last year and they are a very good day out, if you are looking for a casual day that you can run at your own pace & get familiar with your car, it is catered and offers instructors on the day, in the afternoon they do a hill climb course, which is a ton of fun. Very limited numbers though (25 total), the best part is they are run the day before the PCNSW super sprints if you run those... grab yourself a hotel in goulburn the night and have a few drinks with your comrades after a long day at the track. :) then hit it again the following day nice and fresh!

3 hours ago, edgy said:

For those who were interested in doing a private day, PR Tech has a couple lined up at Wakefield this year already. 

I ran one of them last year and they are a very good day out, if you are looking for a casual day that you can run at your own pace & get familiar with your car, it is catered and offers instructors on the day, in the afternoon they do a hill climb course, which is a ton of fun. Very limited numbers though (25 total), the best part is they are run the day before the PCNSW super sprints if you run those... grab yourself a hotel in goulburn the night and have a few drinks with your comrades after a long day at the track. :) then hit it again the following day nice and fresh!

Sounds good to me, do you know what dates they have booked?

And who do I speak to get a guernsey?

47 minutes ago, tk111 said:

Sounds good to me, do you know what dates they have booked?

And who do I speak to get a guernsey?

Best call or email the office, they were the may & august Supersprint dates from memory. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2018 at 7:56 PM, edgy said:

Best call or email the office, they were the may & august Supersprint dates from memory. 

Thanks @edgy I think I will look into this. Wasn’t able to get to Wakefield with PCNSW last year, but keen this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email from Autohaus Hamilton today saying the following for those interested.  Perhaps we could fill one of the dates with PFAers:

We have a number of drives available at the magical auto wonderland called "The Farm".

Our events have a very relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere with just 10 invited drivers taking part.

The first event is on Friday 23rd February. If you are keen to attend please email us and we will send you the full details.

spacer.gif

ALINA@AUTOHAUSHAMILTON.COM.AU

It's a good spot and close to Sydney.  That said, it aint really a race track and they don't sell it as such, if you go off it'll be expensive and painful but it is all pretty wide open and the downhill back straight is a blast.

There are a lot of elevation changes though and tight turns.

1 hour ago, TINGY944 said:

Anyone going? I would like to do one of these if it is not an exorbitant price.

I’ve been a couple of times, it’s about $595 or $650 for the day. One of my favourite places, not so fast but quite challenging trying to put together a flawless lap, more about technical than outright speed.

On 08/02/2018 at 2:50 PM, D2000 said:

Got an email from Autohaus Hamilton today saying the following for those interested.  Perhaps we could fill one of the dates with PFAers:

We have a number of drives available at the magical auto wonderland called "The Farm".

Our events have a very relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere with just 10 invited drivers taking part.

The first event is on Friday 23rd February. If you are keen to attend please email us and we will send you the full details.

spacer.gif

ALINA@AUTOHAUSHAMILTON.COM.AU

Did anyone get any information emailed to them with the details of this event, I've tried but nothing yet.

On 2/19/2018 at 6:04 PM, TINGY944 said:

Got a spot, can't wait.

If I wasn't needing to be at home to receive about 350 cubic metres of mulch on Friday, I'd pop up and have a look....I hope you enjoy the day.

Archived