$17K profit on each car sold

SammyD

My wife used to work for Audi so had all the general stats on stuff like this. The likes of Hyundai will make only $500 per car they sell, Your mid range audi/lexus can be $5k- $10k. Pretty sure she said Porsche are around $35k, but that was 5 or so years ago

This kind of margin exists with enviable resale value, brand cachet and limited supply.

Any genii can make a motza cashing in on increasing supply, lowering quality and increasing the product range.

the affect on the brand cachet and resale value is terminal, though, and can never be rebuilt.

i wpuld say we are about 50% of the way through this with Porsche.  

It all got ruined the day the idiots tried to buy VW and ended up the other way around.

F#$*ing journalists! You cannot simply divide operating profit by the number of cars sold to get the profit per car sold, not that I needed to point that out to the smart members we have on here!

That's why they are journalists and not accountants Simon. :lol: 

F#$*ing journalists! You cannot simply divide operating profit by the number of cars sold to get the profit per car sold, not that I needed to point that out to the smart members we have on here!

In the words or Agarn from F Troop

"Who says I'm dumb?"

well you can, as a rough measure to compare different car companies.

its like GDP per capita.  Totally meaningless, but used to compare countries.

As much as I love the brand and always will support Porsche being profitable I still get P,ed when I see the different between U.S prices and Australian Prices ..?,,and please don,t get me started about  Government Tax.s and transfer duties on P cars ,,,,,,,,,,we really do get our back pockets violated when it comes to this :angry:

Archived