Anyone know this 968 for sale at CTS??

It looks to me like it's had a haircut.

I'm a little lost too Ehcor- what does this mean please?  I'd hate to miss something important.  cheers, Jason

Are you looking for your second Porsche already Jason.... :o

I'm a sucker for a Grand Prix white P-Car.........:)

but really just doing my sums & working out what I have spent on my S2 so far & what I have yet to spend to bring it up to where I want it.  Trying to decide where my money should best be spent.  Problem is I just love the S2.........& I suppose a project is always frustratingly fun.  Decisions, decisions..........

Looks nice and stock Jason with low k's.

Presume you have looked at the service history, get them to send it through, has it been regular.  If that checks out I would be booking my ticket for a close up, good luck :P.

This is what you should do: Buy the 968 as a donor car, swap into your S2 the 240hp engine, 6-speed transmission, the aero wing mirrors and door handles, the hoop spoiler. Chuck the rest away; everything else was a series of tragic styling errors. And you would now have the 944 S3, the upgrade to the S2 that God intended but somehow got diverted into what can only be described as a Porsche designed by committee. Only proving once again that you can make subtle stylistic improvements to a classic, but any attempt at the wholesale "modernisation" of a classic has almost always resulted in abject failure. Remember, "peak car" occurred circa 1990. And the further you get into the 90s, the worse things get!

All IMHO, of course. :lol:

The black one? Worth asking @edgy 

Yeah that is the car you want @Jason E :P 

On the white 6 speed coupe, I do feel like this one surfaced last year some time, right around the same time a Lapis Blue 6 speed car showed up in WA. If my reckoning is correct I am sure that @PK010 took a look at this white car. 

I have not personally seen it, but its in CTS as you know with my black CS They're quite particular about what they take in, so its worth a closer look I'm sure. 

I must admit I prefer the robust, manly styling of the S2 but would defiantly love to upgrade to the hoop spoiler & aero mirrors a'la 968 style (plus a forged set of Club Sport rims or Fuchs wouldn't go astray either) if these were readily available & I could find a set not in the Eastern Ukraine.  The engine & tranny upgrade are well beyond my measly wallets reach sadly. 

cheers, I will give PK010 a pm & see what he thought.

This is what you should do: Buy the 968 as a donor car, swap into your S2 the 240hp engine, 6-speed transmission, the aero wing mirrors and door handles, the hoop spoiler. Chuck the rest away; everything else was a series of tragic styling errors. And you would now have the 944 S3, the upgrade to the S2 that God intended but somehow got diverted into what can only be described as a Porsche designed by committee. Only proving once again that you can make subtle stylistic improvements to a classic, but any attempt at the wholesale "modernisation" of a classic has almost always resulted in abject failure. Remember, "peak car" occurred circa 1990. And the further you get into the 90s, the worse things get!

All IMHO, of course. :lol:

I must admit I prefer the robust, manly styling of the S2 but would defiantly love to upgrade to the hoop spoiler & aero mirrors a'la 968 style (plus a forged set of Club Sport rims or Fuchs wouldn't go astray either) if these were readily available & I could find a set not in the Eastern Ukraine.  The engine & tranny upgrade are well beyond my measly wallets reach sadly. 

Christ I am shite at using the multi quote function.  I seem to %$#@ it up everytime............ I think I am an unwitting technological luddite.

Christ I am shite at using the multi quote function.  I seem to %$#@ it up everytime............ I think I am an unwitting technological luddite.

If I try quoting from my phone I always stuff it up as well ;)

On the white 6 speed coupe, I do feel like this one surfaced last year some time, right around the same time a Lapis Blue 6 speed car showed up in WA. If my reckoning is correct I am sure that @PK010 took a look at this white car. 

I have not personally seen it, but its in CTS as you know with my black CS They're quite particular about what they take in, so its worth a closer look I'm sure. 

I'm pretty sure this isn't the same car, but having said that, with a good detail who knows!?  The car I inspected had a variety of paint on different panels and a non-dosclosed engine swap - a prudent buyer would make sure to check the numbers in the books with the block.  Needless to say it was a fair bit cheaper...like 1/2.

Why hasn't it sold yet is my question, seems quite reasonable, if i didn't have the turbo this would be in my garage right now.;)

And then... you'll be saying "How can I make this thing a bit faster?"  The boost bug never goes away - ask me how I know...

Really like that black CS, if I only had more garage space and some spare $$. 

• 2 weeks later...

Those marks on the odometer lead me to think it's had the KM's wound back (haircut).

What a load of horse shit

yeah, um, can you explain your thinking on this? are you suggesting that someone has tried to wind back the clock by actually pushing where those marks are on the numbers? 

yeah, um, can you explain your thinking on this? are you suggesting that someone has tried to wind back the clock by actually pushing where those marks are on the numbers? 

Not saying for a second it's happened to this car, but I have seen cars I've known to have been clocked that have visible scratches on the white numbers from the pin the miscreant has used to carry out the deed. It was a very common thing in the UK back in the 80's and 90's when cars had mechanical odometers, the other giveaway was very minor (sometimes not so minor!) damage to the screws holding the binnacle in place. 

Like I say, not saying for a second it's happened to this car, but the scratch on the 3 is possibly what's being commented on. If it is indeed a scratch, it could be a bit of dust or something.

Yes, I've seen it been done before on other cars.  I'm not saying that it has definitely been done on this car, but I would be wary.  Definitely check the service and registration history to qualify the authenticity.  Caveat emptor.

Just had a chat with CTS about the white (non CS) one.  It's no longer with them as it was confirmed that it wasn't matching numbers.  Engine had been swapped (2010?) and not by Porsche.  It was (and is) of interest to us but it's good to have this on the record for any potential buyers.

Archived