genuinenewparts.com?

Ando

Has anybody used this website for parts? They appear to be in Cambodia

I need a new ABS control unit for my 964C4, Porsche Melb. want $7300 [ouch]

Genuine Newparts have it listed at $3062

I dont know anyone who has used this site and feeling a tad nervous!

You know "if it sounds too good to be true........"

Hi Ando you are right to be worried that does sound too good to be true,have you tried to source a secondhand one? you could try L.A Dismantlers its just a thought.I see you are in Moorooduc i will keep a look out for you on the roads good luck with the search.

if I was going to buy from them I would at least call them and get a street address ,

then see if you can find it on google maps,  or find someone to go over there that lives nearby....

but it does sound too good !

And if you buy, tell them when you order that if the parts are not genuine factory  (who wooda thought) then you will be doing a chargeback with your bank for "receipt of goods which differ from what was advertised". 

If they still send them, they either believe the parts are genuine, or have bigger plums. 

Ps. What does "genuine" mean. Genuinely chinese and poorly made ? 

Has anybody used this website for parts? They appear to be in Cambodia

I need a new ABS control unit for my 964C4, Porsche Melb. want $7300 [ouch]

Genuine Newparts have it listed at $3062

I dont know anyone who has used this site and feeling a tad nervous!

You know "if it sounds too good to be true........"

Try Porsche Adelaide.  I had a great experience with them recently where they brought the price down substantially (with help from Porsche Australia) to get close to an OS price, although the gap wasn't as big as yours

Surely a used unit would work?  It's an electronic item so no moving parts.  $7k is a wedge of money for something like that.

also worth checking if a Bosch part whether it was shared with any other models like a Volkswagen or something.

Hi All

Thanks for the reply's, looks like no one has used this website

I have been down the second hand part way 2 years ago and LA dismantlers wanted $5k for a second hand unit!!

I have had other second hand parts fail after a year so could not do it at that price, at least porsche are making the part again now.[They didn't 2 years ago]

Have had my unit out with a tech guy who was repaired abs before but the bosch chip he needs to replace is not available

Looks like Rose Passion will win the deal at $5497 inc VAT

also worth checking if a Bosch part whether it was shared with any other models like a Volkswagen or something.

this would be my first port of call, after picking myself up off the rug after that price fright.

Are you sure you should have to pay VAT?  Don't when buying from the UK.  If you do when buying from France I would think there are cheaper suppliers.  

I have brought over 300 part numbers for my P car  in very recent times (granted a lot of nuts, bolts and washer and clamp part numbers in that 300 number).   I searched  far and wide and leveraged price matching when the shoe fits.  eg looked at  US, UK, Euro suppliers suppliers

All bar a few cases and I note the shipping is ok in terms of not the best rates, but not bad in say 95/100 times, you will be hard pressed to beat Sonnen Porsche in the US for genuine boxed Porsche car parts based on their listed pricing on the net  and did not come across a case where the confirmed price once order was processed was not the same as their website price.

FCP euro (they have the best shipping costs I have come across in 9 years of buying VAG parts online )  may come ahead on their limited stock when you look at the delivered price (ex any slugs on duties over 1000 aud) and they price match based on delivered costs if they stock the part

Control Module - Porsche (964-618-126-01)

• List Price: $4,516.24
  • You Save: $1,435.80 (32% off)
  • Sale Price: $3,080.44
Add to Cart

Genuine Porsche Parts

Just another case where Pelican parts and other recommendations are off the pace based on website info

Hi All

Thanks for the reply's, looks like no one has used this website

I have been down the second hand part way 2 years ago and LA dismantlers wanted $5k for a second hand unit!!

I have had other second hand parts fail after a year so could not do it at that price, at least porsche are making the part again now.[They didn't 2 years ago]

Have had my unit out with a tech guy who was repaired abs before but the bosch chip he needs to replace is not available

Assuming $5497  is landed to your door allowing for duties and in is AUD, I still think that's expensive compared to buying from Sonnen if available.  The difference would of paid my fuel bill for the last 14 months on my P car if I was buying that part myself. (note I hardly drove it, but still that would be 6 smt's that are free kicks in terms of fuel bill )   I also like the confidence of buying from an actual Porsche dealer, not a stockist of parts across brands  , eg ross passion, easy-square, pelican etc etc  eg you are getting stamped factory Porsche part number's not OEM supplier part number when you expected genuine (acknowledge same part in many instances, but when some are so precious on imported vs Australian delivered, you may at least get  the P factory part number for the same coin.

I have used Sonnen Porsche before great service from them but shipping price ended up being about double the original estimate but still ended up saving $$

I have used Sonnen Porsche before great service from them but shipping price ended up being about double the original estimate but still ended up saving $$

Agreed, but their double is still less than most of the competitors estimates

I've found that the cheapest way to get stuff from Sonnen etc is to use a forwarding service, such as AusPost's shopmate (as much as AusPost can sh1t me).

I ordered a strut and Sonnen's shipping quote was about US$161 via FedEx --> Aus. Instead I got it sent to ShopMate for US$9.12. Shopmate then charged me A$74.91 handling & shipping to my PO box here in Aus. 

Probably not the fastest way, but certainly a lot cheaper.

I would not recommend Suncoast parts.  Have just had a disappointing experience where ordered an item, incurred foreign exchange fee (about $50) on my credit card only to be told a month later (after being given dates that the item would be received by Suncoast from Porsche) that they now could not deliver.  Money refunded but I'll probably cop another $50 foreign exchange fee on the refund.  Suncoast weren't prepared to meet the cost of those fees.  Small change in the scheme of things, but I now won't deal with again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All there is a happy ending to this story

Tried all your suggestions without luck

Unit could not be repaired with the fault code it displayed

Very happy to recommend Paul  Woods at Porsche Brighton

He has managed to supply part at a great price , saved me from shopping overseas

Also thanks to Adrian at Hartech for the time he spent making sure all the rest of brakes were ok

Thanks to Darren at Autocoupe for plug in of his test abs unit before I ordered such an expensive part

Give Porsche Brighton a chance at your spare parts I sure am happy with them

Archived