2017 718 Porsche Boxster bursts into flames

Apogee

I believe front plates are not a requirement in a lot of US states.

yes this is true, somehow they make it work ??

Will be interesting to find out the real reason behind the fire......

yes this is true, somehow they make it work ??

Will be interesting to find out the real reason behind the fire......

There's a recall on that model where the fuel lines are being broken by a screw. If you look at the photos it looks like it's a fuel fire as it spreads under the car very quickly, even burning the front of the car. It could be from the fire burning the lines but my money would be on a broken line splashing fuel around and pumping it onto the ground.

It appears that Australian 718s, 911s are affected as well.

https://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/porsche-issues-recall-over-risk-cars-could-burst-f/3138455/

Owners can check if their car is affected by comparing their VIN aganst this spreadsheet.

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/porsche-cars-australia-porsche-911-carrera-991-boxster-718-cayman-718

How painful would that be to watch and not be able to do anything ..............:o

Not at all, 'magine your insurer insisting on it being repairable if you caught it in time...

So the challenge is.........

Can you get out of a Boxster on fire quicker or slower than getting out of a Cayman on fire ? One for Top gear.

I recently bought an SC from a fella who, just as I was about to leave with the car, said wait a minute and dashed into his garage, when he came out he thrust a fire extinguisher into my hands saying...here you might need this, just to be safe......oh the confidence that came over me at that moment.

Geeze. Glad I dont have the coin to buy a new Boxster. Seems Porsche are starting to copy Ferrari ;) 

As for the number plate, I believe Americans dont need them on the front

Archived