996 CLR

DT

Those 'new' Alfa GTA-R's are being made by Classic Alfa and Alfaholics in carbon fibre with amazing motors.  My 68 Alfa GTV is all original and goes well and handles superbly.  I can only imagine how those GTA-R's go!  Chris Harris was blown away by the power and the handling (240HP 2.4L, and circa 800kgs).  And rates it as one of his best drives ever and better than mega expensive modern Supercars.

1 hour ago, Merv said:

Chris Harris was blown away by the power and the handling

This is one of my fave vids. 

Chris harris gets so excited by this, and it really stirs my Alfa soul.

Definitely part of the dream garage to have an Alfa 105 GTV (GTA replica) and Porsche 996GT3 together.  

18 hours ago, MFX said:

I am sure I have talked to you somewhere, but what engine is in the Alfa? Great looking car.

Thanks Jeff, the engine is the F20C. Honda's F20C engine held the record for producing the highest specific power output for any mass production naturally aspirated piston engine, at 123.5 HP/L, until Ferrari began production of the 458 Italia in 2010, which produced 124.5 HP/L. The F20C revs to 9000rpm, is unbelievably strong and reliable even at this level of tune. The engine was completely stripped down and rebuilt as new then some special track orientated modifications added, baffled sump etc. A completely unique custom fabricated ITB system was made, it utilises F1 engine type injection with the injectors housed within the trumpets... . In the current state of tune it is making around 265bhp and weighs 850kg. 

A few more pics here: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=&t=1881501

360.jpg

Engine.jpg

CLR Alfa 88.jpg

CLR Alfa 91.jpg

18 hours ago, LeeM said:

That Alfa is a sensational looking thing 👍👍👍

Glad you approve Lee, you may be a little disappointed though as I've had to make considerable changes to the car for various reasons (All aero gone, no spoilers...). Below better reflects how it currently is but since this picture from a month or so back I've also now widened the front arches by another 30mm

CLR Alfa 172 (2).jpg

6 hours ago, CLR said:

Glad you approve Lee, you may be a little disappointed though as I've had to make considerable changes to the car for various reasons (All aero gone, no spoilers...). Below better reflects how it currently is but since this picture from a month or so back I've also now widened the front arches by another 30mm

CLR Alfa 172 (2).jpg

Nah, still like it mate. Purpose built, not just for looks 👍

I'm obsessed with this bonkers black Alfa which has an SJ20 engine fitted

images-jpeg-30.jpg

On 16/10/2020 at 23:16, LeeM said:

Nah, still like it mate. Purpose built, not just for looks 👍

I'm obsessed with this bonkers black Alfa which has an SJ20 engine fitted

images-jpeg-30.jpg

Fantastic car that Lee. Not sure about the exposed oil cooler lines though. I've just fitted the new arches to mine along with some sliding windows so it looks a little different now; for good measure the 996 also sneaked into the pic ;) 

CLR Alfa 198.JPG

CLR Alfa 201.jpg

CLR Alfa 202.jpg

2 hours ago, CLR said:

I've just fitted the new arches to mine along with some sliding windows so it looks a little different now;

Still loving it @CLR despite the changes.  Guards are kind of mini GTAm look  😎

btw, Who is Greta..? And what did she do..?

6 hours ago, luzzo said:

Still loving it @CLR despite the changes.  Guards are kind of mini GTAm look  😎

btw, Who is Greta..? And what did she do..?

Yellow coat pig tails, knocks about in Sweden when not doing trans-atlantic sailing jollies with hippy friends. I believe she is in the process of saving the planet or something. You may have heard of her ;)