FS - 1975 Carrera MFI

So dear readers ...

I'm looking at selling my 1975 Carrera MFI.

Peru Red.  Factory spec gold wheel centres.

German spec, Japanese delivered LHD.  As with many Japanese cars, no history but its all correct.

Immaculate condition.

Numbers match.  Date correct wheels.  New tyres.

No hits.

I did race it for 2 years in Group S but then recommissioned it with a full windows out, body in bits, interior out respray, new interior (including head lining).

The motor is not stock.  Its a 2.8 with mild cams (GE60).  Puts out 310 and is a beautiful driver.  Case is not porous.

Gearbox is original mag case that is also matching to the car (numbers) has a Wevo shift (but can put stock back in) and fully rebuilt close ratio box.  Has been strengthened in all the correct spots to take the extra grunt.

Fresh brakes.

Looks bog stock but will shame a 996 GT3 in acceleration.

Rarer than a 73RS and arguably better - certainly in the value for $ stakes as its basically a 73RS Touring with G Series bumpers.

PM me and I'll send pics.

Happy to talk and if you're really in the market, we can have the ugly "how much" chat.

I have posted pics on another thread in the forum but I think they've succumbed to the Photobucket thing.

If there's no interest here, I'm going to put it up on Classic Driver as its not really a Carsales type of car especially given its LHD and would appeal more broadly.

If I could I most certainly would stunning machine  ,,,I keep these images when he posted them earlier in the year ,,,,I just love every thing about the car ,,,,,who ever purchases this gem is certainly getting a unique ride can,t say I have seen many P cars in this color on Aus roads and the 310 HP is the icing on the cake ,,,,would be a seriously  fun car ...:D

Those tyres need a damn good kicking… but a few questions , 310 bhp are you sure .. not dual plug…what are you running methanol ,  are you sure about those gold wheels .

Kick away.  Bring your cheque book.

Yes, 310.  Reliable dyno.  Twin plug is sometimes a cure for bad burn patterns.  It runs 10.5:1 compression.  Idle is a little bit "racy" but great for bragging on SMT's!

So, if you spend serious time on balancing, matching each piston, rod etc to within grams (we had engineering scales and lightened and weighed pistons and rods, then took them away, took a little off here and there ... you get the picture) injector pump, timing, inlets and ports, valve shape, thickness of valve stems, shape of the upper combustion chamber, titanium valve retainers and precisely matched valve springs, shaped exhaust ports you get the result.  I had the heads done by one of the very best in the business - period.  Add a GT3 oil pump, balanced crank, light balanced flywheel and some other exotic shit that may or may not have been done by a V8 Supercar team ...  

Its all about flow and eliminating frictional loss.  The Motul oil itself gave us 4 hp.  Yep, we're that nerdy that we ran the car on what we thought was good on the dyno.  Then at the dyno place, changed the oil to the Motul and chucked it back on within 30 minutes and no atmospheric changes and hey presto.  

As you can tell, there wasnt a lot I didn't try.

Running 98 octane now but was running Elf Atmo Max 104 and the thing was making north of 320.

I love the gold wheels.  I'm so sure that I'm now checking my books to make sure that I should be sure ....

Typing this brings back all the good things I did to that car.

If I could I most certainly would stunning machine  ,,,I keep these images when he posted them earlier in the year ,,,,I just love every thing about the car ,,,,,who ever purchases this gem is certainly getting a unique ride can,t say I have seen many P cars in this color on Aus roads and the 310 HP is the icing on the cake ,,,,would be a seriously  fun car ...:D

BTW, thank you for posting those pics.  

When I bought the car everyone said the color was crap.  Then the funky 70's came back into vogue and now I'm a visionary.

Just trying to get some free juice from you , I bet you never wrote so many words for free… sincerely sounds like and looks like a work of art

Amazing what happens when you get a man to spill the beans on his passion ;) 

Do you take Bitcoin? Cheque book.. Whats that .. Must be a 1975 Vintage thing

Just trying to get some free juice from you , I bet you never so many words for free… sincerely sounds like and looks like a work of art

Amazing what happens when you get a man to spill the beans on his passion ;) 

Do you take Bitcoin? Cheque book.. Whats that .. Must be a 1975 Vintage thing

We're at the pitch. The money comes later!

Happy to share.  

Just trying to get payment period correct ...

ballpark price?

am midway through selling an E9 CSL and 240z, curious if that even puts me in the ballpark..

if you can do  it pull the trigger would be a keeper that one just doesn't get any better good luck 

ballpark price?

am midway through selling an E9 CSL and 240z, curious if that even puts me in the ballpark..

CSL. Soooo cool. A personal favourite. My mum had a red 260Z and I learned to drive in it. It even had an 8 track!

The market will speak (or stay silent after it reads the next bit ...)

Draw a tight circle around 375. 

CSL. Soooo cool. A personal favourite. My mum had a red 260Z and I learned to drive in it. It even had an 8 track!

The market will speak (or stay silent after it reads the next bit ...)

Draw a tight circle around 375. 

ah yep i think that puts me out of the running haha.
definitely outside my stingy price/value ratio principles unfortunately! lovely car.

@Skidmarks - really love the car, but what does "draw a tight circle around 375" mean? 

$375,000.00 ONO

ah yep i think that puts me out of the running haha.definitely outside my stingy price/value ratio principles unfortunately! lovely car.

Price is always a conversation stopper!!!

$375,000.00 ONO

Price is always a conversation stopper!!!

Ahhh. I thought a really tight circle around the 3 on one end and the 5 on the other end respectively turned them into an 8 and a 9. I thought 879K was the figure! Thanks for clarifying. 

Sounds like a neat car and great detail on assembling engine - strong HP number. How many rpm does it spin up to - sorry for kicking tyres but I am interested. I know a few guys getting some good numbers from your spec

Thanks for the question.

When I raced it I took it to 8000.  Still made reasonable power but only used it to hold gears between corners or trying to keep some bugger behind me!

Its got SSI's on it now so a bit more "strangled" so nothing much other than noise happens after about 7600 now.

• 1 month later...

Archived