Where to get air for 996 tyres

yangin

Hi all,

I have a 996 with 18inch turbo twist rims.

I went to the servo yesterday and noticed the air valve is sunken in on these rims and so the servo nozzle does not fit..

Hope what I am saying makes sense.. how or where do you all fill up your tyres?

Thanks.

I have 18" turbo twists too, I use my bike floor pump...that way I get a workout as well...don't need to go to the gym for a week if they're 10psi or more below! Otherwise Lee's suggestion seems like a good one.

I think i shall go the extension option lol

it's easy mate you will find them at Repco or Supercheap usually in a pack of 4 but you really only need one, just screw it on and off for each wheel when you check the air or pump them up.

Go to the dealer, you must use genuine Porsche air......?

Sorry, read the thread title and couldn't help myself.

I thought a similar thing looking at the title. I thought it was talking about putting Nitrogen in the tyres, which is a bizar upsell I don't understand considering air is already 79% Nitrogen anyway...:wacko:

I thought a similar thing looking at the title. I thought it was talking about putting Nitrogen in the tyres, which is a bizar upsell I don't understand considering air is already 79% Nitrogen anyway...:wacko:

I enquired about Nitrogen in a tyre place, and was told by a grumpy old dude who worked there 'don't bother with that shit' 

What a salesman!!!

I enquired about Nitrogen in a tyre place, and was told by a grumpy old dude who worked there 'don't bother with that shit' 

What a salesman!!!

It always sounded like more marketing crap to con money out of people.

Like the stupid sign I saw on a packet of bacon the other day saying 'gluten free' :wacko:

What a salesman!!!

The team I rode for tried it once after all the UK Superbikes teams were using it. Apparently it assists with keeping heat in the tyres in cold weather. It's crap, and doesn't make any difference whatsoever

Not sure if anyone has done it before, but maybe try helium. Probably won't work either, but I will be a laugh trying it out, and youll be an internet sensation! ??

I don't mind that the guy saved me money, it was just funny the way he did it! I believe the one upside to Nitrogen in your tyres is that the pressure remains constant, so no need to check them

Archived