Clayton Bespoke

MFX

Just saw on the news that a 'high end car dealer' in Wooloomooloo was just shut down by Fair Trading for 'ripping off' over 30 customers who had their cars on consignment.

Anyone on here been caught up in this?

Post up a link and some more details mate I am interested ............I bet its Scuderia Graziani   ;)        

It said the place was Clayton Bespoke in Wooloomooloo. From the news report he had ripped off at least 30 customers to over $1m. Don't know too many other details, just the short news clip.

they are the guys attached to Gosford Bunnings...

interesting.... after reading about the guy who started the Bunnings collection, he doesn't give me the impression he is the most clean cut individual.

Tony Denny is the Gosford car museum owner ..............I mentioned Scuderia Graziani  as I have heard of them telling lies to owners who have sold cars with them ,,,eg we only got $ amount for your car Sorry ............But really got a lot more than we are telling you ?

I dealt with them in April 2016 when buying the MB C200 for my wife.  Really easy to deal with and we were very happy as a buyer.  The car has been a great buy...it was 6 years old and had a little over 24k kms on it (16 months later it has 90k kms on it!)....and was a smidge under $25k to buy.

I dealt with them in April 2016 when buying the MB C200 for my wife.  Really easy to deal with and we were very happy as a buyer.  The car has been a great buy...it was 6 years old and had a little over 24k kms on it (16 months later it has 90k kms on it!)....and was a smidge under $25k to buy.

You own it ? You sure ? :wacko::wacko:

As for the Museum

I sold my DB to Gosford .. no issues at all very professional , contracts and cash clearance to my account before taking car etc etc. I dont think they need to play in that game.

They may have made a few bad car purchases as a legacy in the past when they started up .. but apart from that .. I know quite a few who have sold to them.  

Their junk is slowly being shifted on Ebay and Scumtree and I cant think of a nicer bunch of general buyers  that I would love to sell to, a pile of under average porsches to…  

How satisfying would it be .. 1. Over price your cars and your away .. 2. Text received give you 20k less than your offering mate …

3. Done .. come and get it , I take cash

interesting.... after reading about the guy who started the Bunnings collection, he doesn't give me the impression he is the most clean cut individual.

Claytons used to be selling a lot of Bunnings stock so there would have been some kind of relationship. I met them when I was dealing with the truly corrupt monkey garage lot in Alexandria ( also investigated and closed down) that I had to go and rescue my 997tt from. Claytons came across as way more classy, but when I saw Bunnings product on the website it made you wonder...

buyers are over the moon....it's the owners of the cars that got them busted

....I mentioned Scuderia Graziani  

dodgy as well 

All of this dodgy car sales  behavior goes hand in hand with the current frenzy to buy P cars and other sports car marques ,the demand is out there so ultimately the Sharks come looking for victims and easy money after all they are used car sales man ............not saying all are bad ,,,but can they really be trusted ,,,think not  ,,both buy,r and sell,r beware    ;)

All of this dodgy car sales  behavior goes hand in hand with the current frenzy to buy P cars and other sports car marques ,the demand is out there so ultimately the Sharks come looking for victims and easy money after all they are used car sales man ............not saying all are bad ,,,but can they really be trusted ,,,think not  ,,both buy,r and sell,r beware    ;)

Lowballers in Porscheland? Nooooo, they'd never dream of that! 

You own it ? You sure ? :wacko::wacko:

Yes I do, I made sure of it at the time, knowing that they were consignment based sellers.

....buyers are over the moon....it's the owners of the cars that got them busted

If most people got the sort of deal I did (great price, about 10-15% under the actual market price), then yes buyers are happy but sellers are less so!

Just saw on the news that a 'high end car dealer' in Wooloomooloo was just shut down by Fair Trading for 'ripping off' over 30 customers who had their cars on consignment.

Anyone on here been caught up in this?

I know some details.  My friend and work colleague is involved, although not in the ones mentioned.  Extra charges are expected to be laid.  Bevin took his car in Dec 2016 and agreed to sell for him within an agreed range.  $120- 135k, Porsche Cayenne Hybrid. My colleague had to move overseas on short notice.  By June this year after every imaginable run around and excuse arrangements were made to go and collect the car.  This was then thwarted by Bevin who agreed to buy the car directly from him.  No money ever came forward as promised and Bevin could not be contacted or would only reply to Email, knowing my colleague was OS and not able to attend in person.  As of last week it was discovered that the car was sold last January for $110k and this money was never passed on to the owner.  This appears to be the common story according to Dept of Consumer Affairs and Kings Cross Fraud Detectives.  Another colleague from the same office had a similar issue a few years ago and only after extreme pressure was a cheque given for a MUCH lower amount many months after the consignment arrangement had started. He just wears you down over many months and then takes your car for less than its value.  Not a crime in most instances and many people have unrealistic ideas of what their car is worth.  But he definitely lies and manipulates. I believe Bevin is/was caught up in a business going down the gurgler and instead of winding up he started to take from one to pay another and then it all just got out of control.  He is VERY slick, very smooth and very charming.  A guy you want and find easy to like but he has NO issue with lying directly to your face whilst stealing from you.  He was offering to sell a very expensive $200+k car on consignment even after he had filed to close his business on the grounds of insolvency.  He likes to present a very rich and successful image and only recently travelled overseas on an expensive trip while owing many people money. Just a dishonest bad human being, there are lots of them around.  Consignment is a risky business for buyer and seller.  NEVER sign over the registration papers until you have the money in your hand.      

• 2 weeks later...

If you have the car and rego papers possession is 9/10ths of the law ............The previous owner would have to go after Claytons to recover their loss ,,,I don,t believe the new owner would have to give up the car as he  or she has  purchased the car through legit process ..........

Archived