996 does the top end

jnr356

There was an article in Motor Magazine that accompanied the pictures.  Pretty much they just raised the suspension and put some bash plates on the silver 996 and it was a beast across the desert.  I will try and find the edition of Motor later when I have a moment.

Wheels story:  Porsche Desert Coupe in January 2000.  Can be accessed through their Archive section on their website.

Don't recall much about the turbo story but understand it was a run to Cape York.  Is that the same one where Helmuth Bott flys into the NT and drives the car at WOT until out of fuel 45 minutes later?   

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 8:10 AM, WOKA said:

That first pic in proudly displayed at the Birdsville Pub.!  I haven;t read the article etc but pretty sure that's it cresting Big Red.!

Think your spot on there mate. What a beast!

and people spend thousands kitting out their 4x4s to get across the simmo!

• 2 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, Peter M said:

Wheels story:  Porsche Desert Coupe in January 2000.  Can be accessed through their Archive section on their website.

Don't recall much about the turbo story but understand it was a run to Cape York.  Is that the same one where Helmuth Bott flys into the NT and drives the car at WOT until out of fuel 45 minutes later?   

I fortuitously found a copy of this magazine on a table of "give aways" a few nights ago.  Consequently I provide for your reading pleasure:

(If you click on the image it should open in Imgur and allow you to enlarge to a comfortable reading size.) 

rGCs2ws.jpguQOiDyY.jpg

DJDhjSn.jpg

JLiBYVH.jpg

Maa5C83.jpg

nQHgSl1.jpg

tdGlMfI.jpg

QISOiAv.jpg

ZiZoqrz.jpg

llWHilv.jpg

ZiZoqrz.jpg

llWHilv.jpg

Archived