SENSORS FOR CROSSING BROKEN LINES

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The red mist attacks at all stages of life. It's probably safer than texting or driving a caravan or driving on a side of the road you don't normally drive on that is if you actually drive much at all in your country except perhaps in a CBD.
I'm for increasing the minimum speed limit; it is Clarkson's idea - but a good one,  whose success lies with Darwinian principles.

19 minutes ago, Harvs11 said:

Not so worried about the consequences of red mist, I was thinking more of what happens following the red wine being opened after the cars are put to bed for the night. 

2018 03-24* 3 peaks run

THE DRUNKEN PORKER:Chuckle2:

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Niko said:

Well here we go boys.....it's definitely out there....so that solves that

IMG_0704

Ahhh, Victoria, the state that just keeps giving to its taxpayers. WTF is wrong with your politicians, don’t they drive cars. The great speed myth lives on, if only we could mandate 10kmh speed limit across the state we could have zero fatalities. (pretty sure this will offend some, apologies in advance).

3 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Ahhh, Victoria, the state that just keeps giving to its taxpayers. WTF is wrong with your politicians, don’t they drive cars. The great speed myth lives on, if only we could mandate 10kmh speed limit across the state we could have zero fatalities. (pretty sure this will offend some, apologies in advance).

10kmh ??  I hope the red flag carrier is fit.....wouldn't want to scare the horses 

Spot on GC9911    good_mini.gif       ................I am of the firm belief that many of the the tolls ,excessive rego, insurance costs and appalling fines and road tax,s are slapped on the motorist because the politicians do not drive and are on such a good wicket that none of the for mentioned effects them at all ................if it did then we would not all be suffering this BS

Its that old analogy .........If it dosnt effect me ,,what do I care ...?

13 minutes ago, Raven said:

Spot on GC9911    good_mini.gif       ................I am of the firm belief that many of the the tolls ,excessive rego, insurance costs and appalling fines and road tax,s are slapped on the motorist because the politicians do not drive and are on such a good wicket that none of the for mentioned effects them at all ................if it did then we would not all be suffering this BS

Its that old analogy .........If it dosnt effect me ,,what do I care ...?

Can you imagine any of our state pollies enjoying a car...  

The only cars they enjoy are the ones that their personal driver takes them home in after a night on the turps in the Parliament House boozer.

Trying not to be political here... But your right Raven, what we do is something they would never do, so stiff #*%* for people like us.   We can eat cake...

Yet they are all too happy to take the taxes from the petrol we guzzle, and the rego prices and the stamp duty  etc etc etc.

and the luxury car tax (Federal) which should no longer exist.

Rant over....

Worlds gone mad 

You would have thought that a black ops application would be made available .. allow a trigger button to be dash or horn centre mounted so you could track every cop car spot , camera spot and likely hotspot.  Then you could share access the regular info. A bit like courteous flash of the lights when you know theres a cop down the road.  Drop a little pin on an interactive map and let them expire, over 10 mins or something..

Seems crazy that policing for real crimes isnt happening and yet road laws are getting so enforced..

NSW probably aint much better.. we had 23 cars reported on our one horse town over the public holiday and more when the goldcoast didnt draw so much traffic for commonwealth games. You couldnt blink without seeing a car.

Different infringement ..but i just heard of a P plater , who got pulled on visual observation , had lost a P plate but had a spare in the car and fixed it as soon as told its missing and but then also fined for not indicating on entry and exit of a round about . Apparently you have to indicate right and then left even if going straight on !! He is facing ban double demerits n a public holiday 8 points .. only gets 7 on a clean licence.

Im still not sure if its the officers themselves or the corporate entity they work for that comes up with these revenue generating campaigns 

4 hours ago, Niko said:

Well here we go boys.....it's definitely out there....so that solves that

https://www.facebook.com/ABCGippsland/videos/10155809815274825/

Not necessarily Niko.  The link doesn't show any sensors etc in the road.  What it does show is a video released by the Victorian Police which clearly shows a number of cars going around a corner, most likely at a sensible speed, but clearly on the wrong side of the road.  The dotted line does allow one to cross over to the other side of the road but only as needed to overtake and not simply to better enjoy the road.

26 minutes ago, symsy said:

Worlds gone mad 

You would have thought that a black ops application would be made available .. allow a trigger button to be dash or horn centre mounted so you could track every cop car spot , camera spot and likely hotspot.  Then you could share access the regular info. A bit like courteous flash of the lights when you know theres a cop down the road.  Drop a little pin on an interactive map and let them expire, over 10 mins or something..

?

Police cars must emit a lot of electromagnetic energy given all the systems they have onboard. Should not be to hard to pick them up out in the countryside. Interesting to see if their radios emit any IM frequencies etc. 

They behave like black ops against the citizens so electronic warfare should be acceptable. 

I need to take a spectrum analyzer and hang out near the cop shop.

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

Not necessarily Niko.  The link doesn't show any sensors etc in the road.  What it does show is a video released by the Victorian Police which clearly shows a number of cars going around a corner, most likely at a sensible speed, but clearly on the wrong side of the road.  The dotted line does allow one to cross over to the other side of the road but only as needed to overtake and not simply to better enjoy the road.

I agree jakroo, , but either way that's what they are obviously targeting now.

i guess with the camera, ..the "rubber strips" are irrelevant anyway, if in fact they do exist, which was what the HP member told our "revenue victims"

although in hindsight he may have been saying that to protect and keep the camera set up under wraps.

i think the place in the video is very close to where we got pinged, 

im sure we will hear, if they start setting these things up elsewhere, and I have no doubt they will.    

Why wouldn't you, it's going to be/is a cash cow, ...........

and for the "normal person"  who hear about "us people"  getting booked think it's a fair cop.

The "normal people" unfairly and wrongly put "us" into the hoon catergory.

so the police will get tacit approval from the "normal person" to hook in.

In the end.... It's not going to go away, so we will just have to adapt.

^ Just wait until the “normal” RV’s, caravaners, camper trailers and 4x4s start getting done as I have seen a way higher proportion of them over the line. 

Oh thats right the cops are only revenue raising from those that the “normal” consider fair game. That way no critisim and less likely to have the cash flow shut down. 

2 hours ago, Redracn said:

Police cars must emit a lot of electromagnetic energy given all the systems they have onboard. Should not be to hard to pick them up out in the countryside. Interesting to see if their radios emit any IM frequencies etc. 

They behave like black ops against the citizens so electronic warfare should be acceptable. 

I need to take a spectrum analyzer and hang out near the cop shop.

Electronic warfare? That's what radar detectors were, but they outlawed them.

10 hours ago, Redracn said:

^ Just wait until the “normal” RV’s, caravaners, camper trailers and 4x4s start getting done as I have seen a way higher proportion of them over the line. 

Oh thats right the cops are only revenue raising from those that the “normal” consider fair game. That way no critisim and less likely to have the cash flow shut down. 

That is a great point, I'd love to see the statistics as far as that goes, are they after everyone who crosses over the line or just car enthusiasts...

On those roads every vehicle towing a caravan would have to be pinged.   That would be great for public relations.. 

Ma and Pa Kettle out on their grey nomad trip and ping....$230.00 and 3 points....thank you very much, enjoy your retirement...

The other thing that just occurred to me is that if the camera is good enough, and I have no doubt it is...what is to stop them just sending you a bluey in the mail?

Why even bother pulling you over around the bend or wherever.   Same principal as a red light/speeding camera I am thinking.

So a couple of weeks after your SMT a surprise arrives in the mail.    Nothing would surprise me.

AAAARRRGGGGHHH    

Victorian Labour Government's latest budgeted income for Fines Victoria in $880 million announced this week. That's their prediction of almost guaranteed income. Creative budgeting requires creative means of fine collection. Showing the Ferrari well into the wrong side of the road on a sweeping bend is not simply crossing the line (which the initial reported tapes detected in my case) but it gives the desired impact to justify their actions. All I can say is expect the worst behaviour of the HP and drive accordingly. Very hard to prove otherwise.

I think I said it before somewhere but semi's and B-doubles are in big trouble.

If you knew you were going need more road and have broken white lines, would puting your blinker on negate the "offence"?

I once followed a full size bus on this (Omeo Hwy) bit of road for a few km and he was way over the dotted line on every corner. 

But the driver did move over to let me past as soon as practical. 

42 minutes ago, Redracn said:

I once followed a full size bus on this (Omeo Hwy) bit of road for a few km and he was way over the dotted line on every corner. 

But the driver did move over to let me past as soon as practical. 

Maybe a Mahatma Ghandi approach is required.  Passive protest, nobody pay the fine and clog the court system.

Archived