Buying a 981S Boxster

Trentw

11 hours ago, Trentw said:

Front Discs = (27.5mm) min Thickness is 26mm)

Rear Discs = (19.2mm) min Thickness is 18mm)

Sounds like I may need new discs soon?

Nah, they are good, new thickness is 28mm Front and 20mm rear with the replacement at 2mm of wear so the front has only worn by 0.5mm with 1.5mm to go and the rear has worn 0.8mm with 1.2mm to go.

It's strange that the rear has worn more than the front if they are both the original rotors.

41 minutes ago, rego said:

It's strange that the rear has worn more than the front if they are both the original rotors.

I've just replaced mine and the rears were worn more than the front. I guess if the calipers are putting out the same force and the smaller discs have less surface area to bear the friction = quicker wear

7 hours ago, grantmr said:

I've just replaced mine and the rears were worn more than the front. I guess if the calipers are putting out the same force and the smaller discs have less surface area to bear the friction = quicker wear

Awesome Trent and congrats.

The rear brake wear could also be a stability control thing with ever so slightly touches to keep us on the straight and narrow. I had an X3 that used to eat it's rear brakes due to our more vigorous driving style, or so said the mechanic. 

great advice you guys gave.

Gotta love a happy ending!

welcome, and enjoy opening your roller door, it still hasn't worn off on me yet after about 3 months of first Porsche ownership.

7 hours ago, deano said:

great advice you guys gave.

Gotta love a happy ending!

welcome, and enjoy opening your roller door, it still hasn't worn off on me yet after about 3 months of first Porsche ownership.

@deano has yours arrived?  If so you need to update your rides

• 3 weeks later...

@Lucky Phil 

Picked up from PCGG - sales person was Bella and she was great - highly recommend.

Straight up to the Sunshine Coast where my parents live - Mum thought it was too loud but loved it - Dad just plain loved it.

Headed home Saturday and once it got dark it was REALLY cold and I didn't want to finish the trip with the roof on so I stayed in Taree. I never play pokies but thought I was having a good run so popped a few dollars in and pulled out $200! 
Finished the trip the next day in bathing sunshine.
Lots of road works but that meant I could do the 80-100kmh dash a few times and laughed at the noise every single time!

860km out of a 64 litre tank! How incredible!!! That will change on the winding roads no doubt!

So I am very happy right now! Thanks for everyones advice and can''t wait to really enjoy this thing for what it's meant for instead of just highway driving!

Archived