Buying a Porsche isn't easy eh?

withers

Thanks Theo... I wasn't sure how to tackle that next bit. So do I do PPI first and negotiate off that?

I'd be getting your independant inspection done first, then consider negotiation.

Also, I expect the HF would have already had the car inspected prior to entering the showroom. You could ask Russell if that is the case and what work has potentially already been done by them to prepare the car for sale. If there is a report to view and not all things noticed were corrected, you could use that in your negotiating. If the engine is a worry, ask for a compression test and whatever else they can do to rate the engines condition.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be getting your independant inspection done first, then consider negotiation.

Also, I expect the HF would have already had the car inspected prior to entering the showroom. You could ask Russell if that is the case and what work has potentially already been done by them to prepare the car for sale. If there is a report to view and not all things noticed were corrected, you could use that in your negotiating. If the engine is a worry, ask for a compression test and whatever else they can do to rate the engines condition.

Will do, thanks for that info.. all this help is greatly appreciated :)

IMHO I would get a price negotiated first subject to satisfactory PPI,

1. What happens if you get the PPI and then can't agree price (money burned)
  2. once you get the PPI the seller maybe less willing to negotiate as the potential buyer is already partially committed
  3. if the PPI raises issues, then the renegotiate the price or get them to fix all the issues raised.

Sounds like there are a quite a few experienced buyers on the board. They may have a better buying approach.

• 5 months later...

Oh froggy! I'm a wee newbie. I've been looking no time at all. I'll get sick of it real quick. It's just my nature. I want and want now. It's not good.

I'm going to drive that write off one on Sat. Plus one other I know of. Why not, the experience will do me good.

Amanda,

I took 18 months to find my first Porsche, frustrating as it was the wait was worthwhile, sorry, no shortcuts to the right car.

Amanda,

I took 18 months to find my first Porsche, frustrating as it was the wait was worthwhile, sorry, no shortcuts to the right car.

Yes I was reading your post about buying new Porsche and was a little surprised by the running around and low bargaining that occurs.

Buying ANY porsche seems to be a process.

I have a mate, T-2, who came on the recent Canberra SMT with me. Has had some great muscle cars over the years, but after 4 days of Porsche heaven it seems he's been bit by the P-bug.

He has already been researching the net and carsales and last night we were chatting and he made an interesting observation. Before I bought my car he thought " This guys been looking for nearly a year and hasn't bought a car yet". Now he understands why it takes time to find the car that is right for you.

• 1 month later...

She's brought that one up in her shopping thread. She should jump.

Why can't the vendor can't tell the difference between houndstooth and tartan. That's not even an anoraky detail point  :(

Thanks guys. I've made a promise at home I need to keep. So I'm going to have to let it pass and hope that I can find one like this and preferably a targa when I'm ready :(

Apparently waiting and patience are good for me?

Sorry replying on the iPhone before which feels like you've typed a 1000 words...  Steamwolf - thank you so much for the offer, I really appreciate it and may need to take you up on that offer down the track if it's still there and a car is in your area.

Archived