Mount Panorama - worth a look?

jaw

So at the moment I drive 300kms to work every monday and back on a friday. I always go past Mt Panorama on a Monday morning (rest break in bathurst) and wondered if it's actually worth a visit when it's open? I'm normally there around 6 am, but read there's a 60kph limit - is it actually worth a visit?

Cheers :)

Worth a drive around at the speed limit just to see how steep it is on the way up and how steep and narrow on the way down.  I did challenge Bathurst Thursday/Friday and.......well all I can say is the guys that drive door handle to door handle around there are either crazy or very brave.  Gives me a whole new respect for their craft.

christopher Mies did a 1:59 in the Audi R8 on Friday.  😳

If you get a chance, drive it. Whenever you watch the great race on TV you will have a new level of engagement and respect for the drivers.

i know a few on here have raced there and I have been lucky enough to do the same. The mountain is awesome. 

I have family in Bathurst, so whenever there is a family get together we stay at the Rydges hotel at the chase & do a few laps. You definitely need to take the opportunity to do a lap to really appreciate this track & the skill level that is required, even at 60kph.

This is what happens when they put a real race car on this track & still not attack it at 100%.

PPS - it's not a Radical 🤪 Pretty sure it's a West. But same same.

And I agree it's worth it - without doubt my favorite bit of tarmac to drive in the country. Give you goose bumps to drive at any speed.

46441149_10157861200482564_7111254747297

Not doing the "full monty" next year but it will be a hill climb at speed from Mountain straight up to Reid Park and then Conrod up to Skyline. Will make sure I drive at 60 Kph first. Another tick on the Bucket list !

I love Mies  "Whoo's" of achievement after crossing the line.

I just did Challenge Bathurst the weekend before last.

What a fantastic experience booting it around the mountain.

If you ever get a whiff of an opportunity to do it, grab it!!

Archived