Morning composer

JV911

13 minutes ago, JV911 said:

Process i.e. transport from port to dealer?

Yes, although apparently these guys do a fair bit more than just the transfer. They do the post-shipping changes and in some cases additional compliance changes to cars. I don't know the full details to be honest but I don't believe it is as simple as sticking them on a transporter and delivering to the dealership.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the port of Brisbane from my desk at work. Might have to bring in an extreme zoom lens and get some pictures next week for the other Brisbane folk awaiting their arrivals! 

I also suspect the internal temps of the Morning Composer will crack 50 degrees this week so they probably didn’t even need to fumigate!!

22 minutes ago, Threepoint8 said:

I can see the port of Brisbane from my desk at work. Might have to bring in an extreme zoom lens and get some pictures next week for the other Brisbane folk awaiting their arrivals! 

I also suspect the internal temps of the Morning Composer will crack 50 degrees this week so they probably didn’t even need to fumigate!!

If you can that would be great. Look out for a 5 door white Golf GTI please!

2 hours ago, JV911 said:

yep, you're right - they seem to do all the things I'd expect the stealership to do e.g. compliance, fitment of accessories, detailing, pre-delivery inspection and repairs

Spoke to PrixCar and they said that they would transfer all the cars to central locations and hold the cars in Altona for Vic and in Minto for NSW. From there they will disburse individually to different dealerships. 

Thought it would be a bit of fun to do a stocktake of what's onboard. Feel free to PM me with additions/amendments, rather than duplicating the post. 

Yass  Golf GTI
Orange  Gt3RS
JV911 E-Pace, Gt3RS
Aus-Ipace I-Pace
PSJK RR Sport
Cappa  AMG GT-R
RRVelar RR Velar
Gojaria RR Sport
Mark H 51ft yacht
Mr Unlucky 42ft yacht
Carlene  RR Sport
Ozclub E-Pace
GC9911 Tiguan Wolfie
Threepoint8 Porsche

Bleak                 Porsche

1 hour ago, JV911 said:

Thought it would be a bit of fun to do a stocktake of what's onboard. Feel free to PM me with additions/amendments, rather than duplicating the post. 

Yass  Golf GTI
Orange  Gt3RS
JV911 E-Pace, Gt3RS
Aus-Ipace I-Pace
PSJK RR Sport
Cappa  AMG
RRVelar RR Velar
Gojaria RR Sport
Mark H 51ft yacht
Mr Unlucky 42ft yacht
Carlene  RR Sport
Ozclub E-Pace
GC9911 Tiguan Wolfie
Threepoint8 Porsche

What a great idea. Certainly some really interesting and exotic cargo there.  Imagine working on these boats and seeing all this fantastic machinery that is shipped all over the world. 

2 hours ago, Gojaria said:

Spoke to PrixCar and they said that they would transfer all the cars to central locations and hold the cars in Altona for Vic and in Minto for NSW. From there they will disburse individually to different dealerships. 

Do you know about anything for Adelaide at all? 😊 

18 minutes ago, Carlene said:

Did you check that link I posed on the previous page? Should show if your vehicle is expected in at Melbourne or not. 

By the way, ship is now logged as an arrival in Melbourne Port now, showing as 10.30am on 26/1. 

29 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Did you check that link I posed on the previous page? Should show if your vehicle is expected in at Melbourne or not. 

By the way, ship is now logged as an arrival in Melbourne Port now, showing as 10.30am on 26/1. 

What do I search for is there a tab section I should be looking in to check? I dont have any details for my car other than what it is, thanks for all the info too it’s been a massive help 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Carlene said:

Sorry Carlene, I forgot to ask and they were not helpful at all when I asked them questions. They tried to fob me off to my dealer. My guess is that they may still store in Altona and disburse from there. You can call your dealer and they have your VIN. You can use that to check on the prixcar link.

48 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

I was getting worried that they didn't update Melbourne port until only an hour ago. I believe the delay is due to fact that the booked another vessel called Triumph on the same berth earlier. So MC has to wait until that one is gone. A bit of a mess with their bookings. Nothing is booked in for Port Kembla either. When I called them yesterday, they said, they have no request from the shipping company. 

15 minutes ago, Gojaria said:

I was getting worried that they didn't update Melbourne port until only an hour ago. I believe the delay is due to fact that the booked another vessel called Triumph on the same berth earlier. So MC has to wait until that one is gone. A bit of a mess with their bookings. Nothing is booked in for Port Kembla either. When I called them yesterday, they said, they have no request from the shipping company

That's a bit crap, I expect it will sit outside the port for a while waiting for the other one to leave.

My dealer is saying that although Prixcar will have a priority on sold vehicles rather than showroom stock, it still might be around 10 days from arriving at port to being delivered to the dealership. Let's hope they can get this done a bit sooner than that. I know we are getting closer to the finish line and in the grand scheme of things a few extra days won't matter, but the levels of frustration are pretty high and I just want the bloody car now! 1st world problems of course...

2 hours ago, RRVelar said:

What a great idea. Certainly some really interesting and exotic cargo there.  Imagine working on these boats and seeing all this fantastic machinery that is shipped all over the world. 

Prison on the ocean. 😎

25 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

That's a bit crap, I expect it will sit outside the port for a while waiting for the other one to leave.

My dealer is saying that although Prixcar will have a priority on sold vehicles rather than showroom stock, it still might be around 10 days from arriving at port to being delivered to the dealership. Let's hope they can get this done a bit sooner than that. I know we are getting closer to the finish line and in the grand scheme of things a few extra days won't matter, but the levels of frustration are pretty high and I just want the bloody car now! 1st world problems of course...

Hi Aus-Ipace, was that George that said it would be 10 days?  Therefore I am assuming we won’t pick up our cars until 8/9/10 of Feb - especially as there are public holidays in there as well and given they know they won’t be in January sales, there isn’t going to be a huge push. Thanks. 

Certainly an epic adventure. Do you guys think it's  adding anxiety with excitement or all positive?

In days gone by you'd put it in the back of your mind and it'd be a little  surpise of sorts.

With all this tracking in such detail it has to cause more security concerns for the companies involved as well as the authorities. 

40 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

Hi Aus-Ipace, was that George that said it would be 10 days?  Therefore I am assuming we won’t pick up our cars until 8/9/10 of Feb - especially as there are public holidays in there as well and given they know they won’t be in January sales, there isn’t going to be a huge push. Thanks. 

Yes it was George. Let’s see if they can speed it up in any way. 

34 minutes ago, firstone said:

Certainly an epic adventure. Do you guys think it's  adding anxiety with excitement or all positive?

In days gone by you'd put it in the back of your mind and it'd be a little  surpise of sorts.

With all this tracking in such detail it has to cause more security concerns for the companies involved as well as the authorities. 

It’s a good point, would I prefer all of the knowledge I have through digging around and sharing knowledge, or just being fobbed off by the dealership? It’s is just a different level of frustration, but part of me enjoys the bit of sleuthing too. 

As for being a security risk, everything is in the public domain, so possibly not?

Ship now moved to 4.30am into Melbourne. 

Yep we're all anxious I guess, such a long ordeal. Life goes on the meantime (or does it) I'm pretty keen to get my AMG GT-R. As noted, we have customs, compliance stuff and holidays, then road transport to dealerships so prob early to mid-Feb depending on location is foreseeable. Carlene, hang in there and just be patient okay given your in S.A. At least the bug issue has been sorted.

2 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

My dealer hasn’t given me anything to even check I did look but all the customer ref numbers attached to my paper work don’t work in the search fields of track your car 😩 this May just be a case now where I can’t track anything anymore (other than the ship) and now I’ve just got to wait for my dealer to call me and tell me my car has arrived in Adelaide 

1 hour ago, firstone said:

Not sure how to respond, but the Stink bug seems like a new twist in the time equation. Interestingly just heard from a friend who's car has already been off-loaded at Port Kembla, who has just been told that his car and others have been delayed by DAWR!! Scary! 

17 minutes ago, Carlene said:

My dealer hasn’t given me anything to even check I did look but all the customer ref numbers attached to my paper work don’t work in the search fields of track your car 😩 this May just be a case now where I can’t track anything anymore (other than the ship) and now I’ve just got to wait for my dealer to call me and tell me my car has arrived in Adelaide 

Please call your dealer tomorrow and ask for your VIN. My dealer gave me all details as well. 

5 hours ago, JV911 said:

Yass  Golf GTI
Orange  Gt3RS
JV911 E-Pace, Gt3RS
Aus-Ipace I-Pace
PSJK RR Sport
Cappa  AMG
RRVelar RR Velar
Gojaria RR Sport
Mark H 51ft yacht
Mr Unlucky 42ft yacht
Carlene  RR Sport
Ozclub E-Pace
GC9911 Tiguan Wolfie
Threepoint8 Porsche

2 new toys JV911?! 

1 hour ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Yes it was George. Let’s see if they can speed it up in any way. 

It’s a good point, would I prefer all of the knowledge I have through digging around and sharing knowledge, or just being fobbed off by the dealership? It’s is just a different level of frustration, but part of me enjoys the bit of sleuthing too. 

As for being a security risk, everything is in the public domain, so possibly not?

Ship now moved to 4.30am into Melbourne. 

We all love to sleuth.

In that case it's a cool backstory. 

25 minutes ago, Orange said:

Clearly all clear on the southern front! I'm not sure I can handle the sudden radio silence. MC still hasn't appeared on the Port Kembla arrivals list though. 

Amid all the "security concerns" and without breaching any foreseeable security protocols, I spoke with the Port Kembla authorities a couple of days ago about MC not appearing in their list. They told me that the berthing hasn't been booked by the shipping company yet. I am hoping they would do it today or tomorrow as all have been cleared. 

1 hour ago, Gojaria said:

Amid all the "security concerns" and without breaching any foreseeable security protocols, I spoke with the Port Kembla authorities a couple of days ago about MC not appearing in their list. They told me that the berthing hasn't been booked by the shipping company yet. I am hoping they would do it today or tomorrow as all have been cleared. 

Thanks as always. I'm in the ACT as well - our vehicles might be on the same transporter (whenever that happens)?!

Archived