The Cayman search is over...

Techno

... because I bought one. 

2009 987.2. Aqua blue and 6 speed manual.

I just drove it over 1,100 km to bring it home and really bonding with it.

The photo was taken at Apollo Bay on the drive home.

IMG_1009.JPG

Photos don't do the colour justice. It is much better in person. Looks good in low light too.

I am pleased to say I bought it privately from a guy who really appreciated it. He was great to deal with and even washed it and sent me a video the night before I collected it. 

Prior to that I had so much stuffing around with dealers. Sorry to say that I don't find many of them too honest.

It had new front tyres in January. I looked at the code on the rears and they were manufactured mid 2008!!! No wonder they feel wooden. New ones on order and should improve feel and reduce road noise significantly.

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 4.13.01 pm.png

1 hour ago, Techno said:

Photos don't do the colour justice. It is much better in person. Looks good in low light too.

I am pleased to say I bought it privately from a guy who really appreciated it. He was great to deal with and even washed it and sent me a video the night before I collected it. 

Prior to that I had so much stuffing around with dealers. Sorry to say that I don't find many of them too honest.

It had new front tyres in January. I looked at the code on the rears and they were manufactured mid 2008!!! No wonder they feel wooden. New ones on order and should improve feel and reduce road noise significantly.

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 4.13.01 pm.png

Surprised the fronts had to be replaced before the rears.  We replaced the rears twice and the fronts only once in 5 years of ownership of our 987S Boxster.  2008s must be the original tyres?

Nice colour by the way....

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Surprised the fronts had to be replaced before the rears.  We replaced the rears twice and the fronts only once in 5 years of ownership of our 987S Boxster.  2008s must be the original tyres?

Nice colour by the way....

I agree twoheads.... My 986 Coxster always did the two sets of rears to one set of fronts and my 987.2 Cayman is doing the same thing.  

Might be worth getting the front end looked at re alignments etc Techno.

I have the records for the full alignment done in January so no issues there. 

I reckon all tyres needed replacing due to age but maybe budget only allowed 2 at a time. I have no doubt the rears are original and the fronts probably were until recently.

They will all be new shortly.

BTW, thanks to all for the comments.

Fantastic colour, I really wanted something other than silver/black/white, but a great deal came up on a silver one - so I envy you immensely! Enjoy the bond and getting to know the car.

Archived