My 964 C4

2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

I like! What rubber you wearing?

The tyres are 'Kumho', I've never used them before but my man at Tyrepower assures me they're good. I'll see how I go with them. Wheels are ACP Jara Cup 1, freshly restored and imported from Europe.

Sizes:

Front-8.5x18 et 52, 225/40/18 tyres 

Rear-9.5x18 et 52, 255/35/18 tyres.

1 hour ago, poli84 said:

Looks good! Tell us a bit about your C4. How long have you had it, any other mods, etc.

I've had it just a few months, it's standard and will remain pretty much that way other than a few small revisions:

• replacing the steering stops with later 17" wheel version (if the new wheels scrape)
  • upgrading the stereo (Continental TRD7412 UB OR)
  • LED dash bulbs (to tie in with the Conti stereo)
  • replace tape cassette holder with cup holder
  • momo prototipo steering wheel

Other than that I'm just replacing some worn out bits (bonnet struts, sill trim, carpet, gearshift boot etc). 

If I get really into it I might go for some Xenon headlamps, Ohlins suspension and a 993 brake kit ;)

Edited by Pilko
added tyre size info

• 2 weeks later...

Looking lovely mate. If you’re considering ohlins (“few small revisions” 😂) one thing to check is that the fronts will fit, given your upgraded rims. Couldn’t run them on mine without custom springs as the spring diameters on the fronts don’t allow much in way of clearance. 

10 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Looking lovely mate. If you’re considering ohlins (“few small revisions” 😂) one thing to check is that the fronts will fit, given your upgraded rims. Couldn’t run them on mine without custom springs as the spring diameters on the fronts don’t allow much in way of clearance. 

The Ohlins are only 'if I get really into it' 😅 thanks for the heads up!

• 1 year later...

I’m happy with the Kumhos, I feel confident in them on dry and wet roads. Can’t say much more than that really as I don’t have anything to compare to. The car had D90s with Pirellis in when I bought it, no idea how old the tyres were, also the change in wheel size made some significant difference as you can imagine (not sure it was all good!)

I have a set of speedlines (waiting for refurbishment) to go on this car, I’ll probably go for a better known brand of tyre when I fit them (recommendations welcome!) The speedlines should be a weight saving of ~3kg at each corner too.

Next up is refreshing suspension and bushes etc.

I also found from the previous owner that the car has a couple of things fitted:

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-964-carrera-secondary-muffler-bypass-pipe/

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-964-carrera-cup-high-performance-airbox/

I’m thinking to complement them with a MAF kit. 

I also sourced some parts to refresh the car internally, new OEM speakers, gearshift boot, other bits and pieces. Quite addictive. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 23/02/2021 at 02:43, Andy73 said:

Headlights look lovely mate. I've often considered that upgrade for mine. 

The speediness being an 18, should take Pilot Sport 4S's

I've been super impressed with them on my car. Prodigious wet and dry grip and really good in terms of NVH levels too. 

Hey @Andy73 what size tyres are you running on those 18s? I'm temporarily in the UK and looking to set up a 964 C2 over here.