Goodbye PFA

Stew F

I stumbled across PFA 6 years ago when we were about to buy our 911, but now I'm moving on.  To say that I've made some amazing friends here is the understatement of the century.  Friendships that I'm hoping will last for many more years to come.  You all know who you are, and to you all, I not going far.  That could be good.  Or it could be not so good.  Your choice.  😁  Thanks for being an important part of my life over the past few years.  Wow, the memories.  Over that time, I've enjoyed various SMT's, 4 trips to Tasmania, with a 5th next year, Hangar Banger 1, 2x Bathurst 12 Hour, 2x Mexican Invasions, 4 Peaks Run, and just catching up when someone is in someone else's local area. It's all been fantastic, and there's more memories to be made.

I've also met a number of great people who, sadly, I haven't had the opportunity to strike up close friendships with yet.  I'm sure we would have got on like a Chinese massage establishment on fire.

Over the journey, a number of us have talked about what it is that's so fantastic and unique about owning a Porsche.  I think we all agreed that it's more that just owning the car.  It's the friendships, and the memories they create.  There's something very real and honest about the Porsche community.  When I first came into this community I thought, like any other "group" of humans, there's bound to be the odd wanker.  But I can honestly say that the people I have associated with since owning this little car are among the finest people I've ever met.

Good luck to you all, be you friends, casual acquaintances, PFA members that I've never met, or just random strangers.  Enjoy your Porsche ownership, whatever you get from it, because your'e among the luckiest people in the world.

Stew Fuchs 🦊

Sorry to see you go & all the best for the future. I’m sure PFA is as much about the camaraderie as well as the cars, don’t leave us just because your car choices have changed, contributors  are always appreciated regardless of their rides.

Hi Stew, I think I remember meeting you at dinner when I came over for the 2015 Classic Adelaide Rally but I know you offered your Garage facilities when I planned to come over for a latter event which shows the generosity of your character. I will miss your inputs and happy banter on the Forum.

Happy motoring into the future Stew.

Cheers, Mark.

Stew F

• Village Idiot
  • blank.png.f7bb8ce4ca28afef15479d93d7bc2f
  • Stew F
  • M_Icon.2@0_75x.png.a63d42bab7f669a058c98
  •  
  • 2,384 posts
  • Ride/s:81 SC Coupe, Megane RS Cup 265

Hi from the Adelaide Hills.  After years of owning various hobby cars we've just purchased our 1st 911.  It's an 82 911SC coupe with sunroof .  White with black interior.  3.0, 5 speed, 16" Fuchs wheels, etc. etc. 

Regards

Stewart

•