This weekend's project

TwoHeadsTas

With inspiration from @MFX and Inside Sim's Youtube channel, here is my project from this weekend.  $150 for an as new s/hand SAAS seat via FB Buy and Sell, about $70 of timber and fittings, Logitech G29 setup (returned item, $500 all up from JB), and repurposed i7 8GB RAM computer and 29" Ultrawide monitor which didn't fit my study setup any more.  Will have a play with freebie Raceroom for a little while and then look to move on to Alsetta Corso or Project Cars 2.    Handy having a bit of stuff lying around in the workshop, and drop saw, bandsaw etc

20200426_160600_resized.thumb.jpg.1be3c7fd53486d12c1f1265ad1f6b665.jpg

20200426_160550_resized.jpg

Faark, this sim driving gig is a shitload harder than I thought it would be.  Probably a lot to do with setup so far, but steering really sensitive and I suck at it so far 😞

Couple of other rig adjustments to do, bolt the wheel on rather than rely on clamps, move the a frame back to it's original position (another 3 " back), rejig shifter plate so that stays in same place......

54 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Faark, this sim driving gig is a shitload harder than I thought it would be.  Probably a lot to do with setup so far, but steering really sensitive and I suck at it so far 😞

Couple of other rig adjustments to do, bolt the wheel on rather than rely on clamps, move the a frame back to it's original position (another 3 " back), rejig shifter plate so that stays in same place......

It takes a while when you get on an accurate sim like Project Cars 2 to get it into your head that it is not like an arcade game, but acts more like a real car. It just takes a while for you to understand and relearn the fine messages of slip that you are used to in the real thing. Once you get it I think it can help your real life driving in some ways.

Great Job Pete! Wife must be pleased to have it set up in the living room! 
Grab Assetto Corsa. It’s cheap and has plenty of content and lots of unofficial content you can download from racedepartment.com 

41 minutes ago, Simonk said:

Great Job Pete! Wife must be pleased to have it set up in the living room! 
Grab Assetto Corsa. It’s cheap and has plenty of content and lots of unofficial content you can download from racedepartment.com 

Thanks Simon, it's actually a room we really don't use, so no hassle (yet!!).......  I'm supposed to be relocating my office / study there when I get rid of the lounge, but that may not happen anytime soon.....

Problem with Raceroom is that with the base freebie version there's no cars that I relate to, so I guess if I'm going to have to pay, may as well co straight to Assetto Corsa and pay to get some Porsche models that I want....  I can also get our 2 local Tassie tracks as well from racedepartment