Exhaust problems???

T-Man

Thanks James, Just the one and only unfortunate part of owning one.

(yellow probably makes the already "ill at ease" a little bit more iller)

desismileys_1822.gif

I'm just about used to it now and water of a ducks back.

Although I have been known to reply in a very undignified way.

desismileys_4294-1.gif

Similar to this with adjectives....

Thanks James, Just the one and only unfortunate part of owning one.

(yellow probably makes the already "ill at ease" a little bit more iller)

desismileys_1822.gif

I'm just about used to it now and water of a ducks back.

Although I have been known to reply in a very undignified way.

desismileys_4294-1.gif

Similar to this with adjectives....

Go Niko !!

Someone once told me in spite that my 2.7 sounded like "an over-blown vee-dub!!!" .... yeah, ........ and there is an insult coming is there?!?!... LOL! I'm afraid she also missed the point!

Kerry

You're not alone there Kerry.

Day one of Porsche ownership and I copped a "what kind of Volkswagen is that?" at the lights. My 9 year old son in the passenger seat couldn't understand how someone could be so stupid "but it's a Porsche!"

It must be true because my wife has never been wrong in her life.

LOL. That sounds like is a whole another subject.

And while talking about acts of jealousy - someone recently decided to deposit a substantial amount of their phlegm on my windscreen while car was parked on side of the road.

And while talking about acts of jealousy - someone recently decided to deposit a substantial amount of their phlegm on my windscreen while car was parked on side of the road.

That will be the Sydney thing coming out......never happen here.........much

Seriously though, just makes you wonder about the mentality of some of those unfortunate people.

My drivers door was kicked by an angry motor cyclist who also supplied some rather blue language, before zooming off. I was accused of taking up the whole road and of being something which is anatomically impossible.

All of the paint marks polished out, there is a small crease which is testament to the build quality of the Boxster. One day I'll book a visit to the PDR guys, but for the moment, it's virtually invisible due to it's location.

This guy wasn't a dedicated biker, he was a redneck who'd already been riled at the sight of the 911 in front of me. Jealousy or just plain dumb? Who knows? But he's the one who has to live with it!

. Jealousy or just plain dumb? Who knows? But he's the one who has to live with it!

Sorry Caver, but some people don't have a conscience, I can guarantee he never gave it another thought.

But the good thing is if he rides like a lunatic, he's probably doesn't have to live with anything anymore.

You're not alone there Kerry.

Day one of Porsche ownership and I copped a "what kind of Volkswagen is that?" at the lights. My 9 year old son in the passenger seat couldn't understand how someone could be so stupid "but it's a Porsche!"

My mates keep giving me heaps about buying a VW!!!!!!!!

Huh funny thing happend on the last SMT we had. I was told my car was really loud... by the other porsche guys lol. I've never heard it from outside and all you can hear on the inside is alot of webers asking for more air.

Dom's quote from the day.

I had to look down at my tach to make sure my car was still running at the lights!

And here I was thinking about getting a smaller muffler put on as I can't hear the exhaust!

Another one was my old Dastun with the P.P in it. Granted is was loud and very anti-social but it was a track car the hardly ever saw the road. I was sitting at some lights when an "woman" in its 40's wound her window down and yelled at me "Your car is too loud!" I gave it one very quick stab to 13,000rpm then asked if it was still too loud with a blank face. It wond its window back up.

women in her 40's would have dated someone with one when she was in her 20's and hence should have been used to it - they were everwhere then!

Maybe she was recalling a bad experience in a car with a "Caution Vehicle Frequently Sideways" sticker on the back and "Get in Shut Up ...." floor mats?

Huh funny thing happend on the last SMT we had. I was told my car was really loud... by the other porsche guys lol. I've never heard it from outside and all you can hear on the inside is alot of webers asking for more air.

Dom's quote from the day.

And here I was thinking about getting a smaller muffler put on as I can't hear the exhaust!

I didn't realise either until I stood on the side of the road and a mate came blasting past at close to redline in third... I think.

Regardless of the gear or speed I was blown away at the aural symphony and the sheer loudness.

I've not yet experienced abuse from Porsche ownership., except one morning I was in the Adelaide hills and drove past a group of cyclists after sitting behind them 4-a-breast for about 2 kms.................

I couldn't understand how such a group of clearly camp men in jumpsuits could swear so much......................

I apologise to anybody who enjoys cycling, but the ones here in SA come in large packs, are loud and don't give a cack about other road users..............and then they all sit about at coffee shops with their Fly-eyes in your face whilst I am trying to eat my Pig and egg.

TWATS.

Archived