What's a 924 Turbo worth??

Jason E

Spotted a 924 Turbo (Guards Red) in a yard whilst on a bike ride.  Non runner I'd guess.  Definitely a "project".  Interior pretty banged around.  Thought I might drop in & see if old mate would sell it.

Thoughts on price?  How longs a piece of string???????????????????????????????????????????  

924 turbo pricing difficult to determine as not many come up for sale, and the ones that do often have a few niggles.  I reckon a relatively sorted 924 turbo is worth somewhere between $20k to 40k, with a car that's in 'original condition' (ie running however has had a few years without love) between $10k to $20k.

Using my imagination of the car you describe, I would value the car at $5k.  Reason being, is to bring it up to a reasonable car you'll need to spend at least $15k.  

Some parts for 924 turbos are getting difficult to source. Nobody wants to work on them and everything will need to be replaced as all the bits are towards end of life.  

That said, when they are running right, these cars are lots of fun and you'll have one of the most unique Porsches on the road.

Just now, bear924 said:

924 turbo pricing difficult to determine as not many come up for sale, and the ones that do often have a few niggles.  I reckon a relatively sorted 924 turbo is worth somewhere between $20k to 40k, with a car that's in 'original condition' (ie running however has had a few years without love) between $10k to $20k.

Using my imagination of the car you describe, I would value the car at $5k.  Reason being, is to bring it up to a reasonable car you'll need to spend at least $15k.  

Some parts for 924 turbos are getting difficult to source. Nobody wants to work on them and everything will need to be replaced as all the bits are towards end of life.  

That said, when they are running right, these cars are lots of fun and you'll have one of the most unique Porsches on the road.

This one looked rougher than the calluses on a highway hookers knees.....

1 hour ago, Jason E said:

Spotted a 924 Turbo (Guards Red) in a yard whilst on a bike ride.  Non runner I'd guess.  Definitely a "project".  Interior pretty banged around.  Thought I might drop in & see if old mate would sell it.

Thoughts on price?  How longs a piece of string???????????????????????????????????????????  

Going to do it all again mate?

Just now, TINGY996 said:

Going to do it all again mate?

No bloke, I might try & flip it as a parts car.  As Bear rightly states, wouldn't be worth much but someone might use it as a project or need the bits.

On advice from a water cooled sage, I'm going to scrap my 968 @Dreamr, do you want to grab a few bits so you can upgrade your 924 to a 968 (bigger number = better car, so I accept mine's not the best but it's well up there)? 

Engine and transmission are fine (but the connection between the 2 is stuffed).  There's doors, windows and even a sunroof.  It has fancy wheels, leather seats (get rid of that rubbish velour in yours) and is the bestest ever an ever an ever colour according to most of the wombats in this forum - black (although my black has some flaked bronze in it so as long as you're not an architect you'll like it).

2 minutes ago, jakroo said:

On advice from a water cooled sage, I'm going to scrap my 968 @Dreamr, do you want to grab a few bits so you can upgrade your 924 to a 968 (bigger number = better car, so I accept mine's not the best but it's well up there)? 

Engine and transmission are fine (but the connection between the 2 is stuffed).  There's doors, windows and even a sunroof.  It has fancy wheels, leather seats (get rid of that rubbish velour in yours) and is the bestest ever an ever an ever colour according to most of the wombats in this forum - black (although my black has some flaked bronze in it so as long as you're not an architect you'll like it).

You will not be scrapping that car!!! ... 

Come to think of it ... the 924T is sunroofless so a 968 roof would make it really gangsta ... 😎

you can't control the destiny for the car Ronnie.  It's in the stars. And if you get the sunroof, you'll be able to see them far easier than craning your ugly mug out the window 🙂

I was told some months ago that it'd be better to scrap it than let it sit and wait for a repair.  I've already sold the antenna, 4 wheel nuts (one of each corner so it's still safe to drive), a headlight lamp and fuel cap.  Only $19,990 left to get back in parts and it'll have cost me nothing!

21 hours ago, Jason E said:

Got any photos?  I've got a reasonable idea on what they are worth, is the old mate going to sell it is the question?

I could do with some bits also..

4 hours ago, jakroo said:

Is the hoop spoiler & peripherals intact?

4 hours ago, James P said:

Got any photos?  I've got a reasonable idea on what they are worth, is the old mate going to sell it is the question?

I could do with some bits also..

I'll see if I can get some photos tomorrow morning.

13 hours ago, Jason E said:

Is the hoop spoiler & peripherals intact?

They are Jason. But you've got caught in a running joke with Ronnie. The car isn't really being scrapped. Although if the sage had had his way, it'd be in parts already (and it's not Ronnie who is the sage.....)

2 hours ago, jakroo said:

They are Jason. But you've got caught in a running joke with Ronnie. The car isn't really being scrapped. Although if the sage had had his way, it'd be in parts already (and it's not Ronnie who is the sage.....)

I'm always a day late to the party.................😀