Bad news for N.S.W riders/drivers.

dobbo

Here in NSW they are very obvious to see when parked they have High vise SUV,s with speed camera down both sides , they dont have to have the signs out anymore , and generally other motorists are flashing lights warning oncommers ,, someone said to me to be careful sounding my horn as that is illegal to do if done for no reason or being abusive , Police would call it Road Rage if I get caught,,,,, read something the other day about NSW revenue coffers being empty , so I suspect they will be ramping up fines in coming months to cover that short fall.............Grubs 

53 minutes ago, Raven said:

Here in NSW they are very obvious to see when parked they have High vise SUV,s with speed camera down both sides , they dont have to have the signs out anymore , and generally other motorists are flashing lights warning oncommers ,, someone said to me to be careful sounding my horn as that is illegal to do if done for no reason or being abusive , Police would call it Road Rage if I get caught,,,,, read something the other day about NSW revenue coffers being empty , so I suspect they will be ramping up fines in coming months to cover that short fall.............Grubs 

No high vis SUVs. here, just plain white with funny roof racks and maybe some small script on the side which says “thankyou for not speeding”

Should be “thankyou for not stopping to punch me in the face”

22 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

No high vis SUVs. here, just plain white with funny roof racks and maybe some small script on the side which says “thankyou for not speeding”

Should be “thankyou for not stopping to punch me in the face”

That is shit , I know that was the case in Vic and SA unmarked , didnt know NSW had started it ..........like I said Grubs 

Funny story about these mobile speed camera,s my former Father in Law one of these types who when ever you talked about these camera,s always had to chime in a say If your not speeding or breaking the law you have nothing to be worried about Blah Blah Blah I have a perfect driving record , not been booked in 50 years Blah Blah Blah ...?

Well a few years back he got pinched by one , in one of those variable speed zones . He had not had a driving offence in over 50 years , he disputed the fine and the RMS said no sorry you are paying it , based on a driver of your years and experience you should be aware of your speed at all times and your surroundings .

He changed his tune very quickly after that and stopped preaching about you only get fined if you break the rules 

22 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

No high vis SUVs. here, just plain white with funny roof racks 

In SA we have various vehicles, and not just white ones either.

They're usually white or silver tradie vans, and those small parcel delivery type vans all with dark tinted windows, yet being on the road quite a bit, I have seen smaller Rav4 type SUV's 

On 21/11/2020 at 11:46, MFX said:

Being a firie I have been to literally hundreds of motor vehicle accidents and I think I have been to less than 10 that were 'speed' related. They were primarily young kids who were driving like idiots and ran out of talent. 99% of the time it is distracted driving. 

I'm not in the emergency services but have witnessed fire trucks ambos being held up by the driving zombies many times. It's amazing just how unaware of their surroundings these drivers can be. The Queenslanders special skill is slowing down to 80 for a freeway exit 300 meters before the exit causing chaos with the 100kph traffic in the lane behind them. They cant merge on or off freeways without causing dramas. I'm glad to see an actual fireman stating the facts about the speeding propaganda. Not paying attention at the critical moment is the root cause of most accidents.

10 hours ago, Pembo said:

I'm not in the emergency services but have witnessed fire trucks ambos being held up by the driving zombies many times. It's amazing just how unaware of their surroundings these drivers can be. The Queenslanders special skill is slowing down to 80 for a freeway exit 300 meters before the exit causing chaos with the 100kph traffic in the lane behind them. They cant merge on or off freeways without causing dramas. I'm glad to see an actual fireman stating the facts about the speeding propaganda. Not paying attention at the critical moment is the root cause of most accidents.

I am amazed at how many people don't see me driving a huge red truck on their bumper with lights, siren air horn and even our rumbler (which you can physically feel). I am often stuck behind them for 30 seconds or more and you can see the instant that they finally realise and do something even more stupid like slam on the brakes or try to move into oncoming traffic to get out of the way. People are morons!