Bad news for N.S.W riders/drivers.

dobbo

There was a case of a fellow doing just that, turning his lights on and off.  He had his case heard in court and lost.  The judge saying that oncoming drivers would be “dazzled” by the headlights, despite it being low beam and daylight.

The law was introduced to stop drivers warning of radars, despite it having the desired result of slowing the speeding drivers.  So it’s not about safety.

Slightly off topic,  Years ago there was a radar setup, white Charger years ago, and some enterprising young  boys made up some signs.  One saying “radar ahead“, which they held up before the radar and the other saying “ Wasn’t that worth $1.  After some time, the unsuccessful revenue, sorry radar car, packed up and drove down the road and discovered the boys with the second sign.  Taken to court, the boys were fined the sum total of their earnings, around $17.  Their signs also had the “desired” effect...or did it?

On 21/11/2020 at 18:50, OZ930 said:

it is illegal

Is it illegal to just turn your low beams on and off or is it only illegal to use the flash function that operates the high beams at on coming traffic?

11 hours ago, dobbo said:

Just out of left field has anyone seen the big traffic cues that bank up behind a cop car that's doing the speed limit.  

Seems like the majority of drivers drive a little quicker than posted speed limits they become mobile traffic jams.

I’m surprised that there is a cop doing the speed limit. All the ones around here drive over it.

I asked Mr Google and he said...

There is no specific Road Rule in NSW that states that you are not allowed to dip yourlights to warn other road users that the police are ahead. However, you could receive an infringement if a police officer was to allege that while you were warning another driver, you are also likely to dazzle them.

Spotted the first one yesterday with no signs.

No one was blinking warning. 😥 

Gotta laugh at how F U the world is today. 😂😁😀😄😅

Too scared to blink a beam or too busy ce htxting? 😂

Anyway, it's on. Same place it always is, so no biggy.

Many years ago ( early 80's ) the QLD Gestapo, oops sorry Police ( this was during Joh's reign ) trialled life size cardboard cut outs of the side of a Police car with a cardboard cop standing next to it on the Brisbane to Gold Coast Hwy.

Had a couple over the journey. Had the desired effect however that was the problem. Because everyone slowed down they weren't getting any revenue and the idea was quickly shelved.

If it was purely about saving lives this would be the cheapest and easiest way of achieving it.

39 minutes ago, dobbo said:

OZ wasn't aware of the 4D law but it's open to abuse by the sounds of it.

Well its not actually a law, they're just asking the public to dob people in which happens anyway.

Fair enough too, as there are some real dickheads off their chops on drugs and alcohol on the roads, who kill others and sadly not themselves in the accidents they cause

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Well its not actually a law, they're just asking the public to dob people in which happens anyway.

Fair enough too, as there are some real dickheads off their chops on drugs and alcohol on the roads, who kill others and sadly not themselves in the accidents they cause

I must have mis heard the report 

52 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

I must have mis heard the report 

To be fair, I only read it online so you could be right, though making a 'law' to dob someone one in for a driving offence seems nearly impossible to enforce

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

To be fair, I only read it online so you could be right, though making a 'law' to dob someone one in for a driving offence seems nearly impossible to enforce

They have announced 4D (crimestopper system) and four Angels ( law, combined drug and alcohol) at the same time which has caused a bit of confusion.

27 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

They have announced 4D (crimestopper system) and four Angels ( law, combined drug and alcohol) at the same time which has caused a bit of confusion.

Just read about the Four Angels laws.

Seems the cops and government are just chasing more revenue by removing the camera warning signs. "This could save 34-43 lives according to an independant study..." Yeah, some clown pulls a number out of their arse more like it 🙄

That, and a crackdown on drug/drink drivers I'm all for it to give them tougher penalties, yet some defence lawyer will find a legal loophole to get them off as they usually do.

Sorry for the negativity, but I've lost all faith in any government and Police hierarchy (not the officers on the ground) when they blatantly lie to the public all the time just to raise revenue.  You hear it all the time when they say "Road deaths cost the goverments millions..." so they only care about the cash, not the public

• 1 month later...

An article in yesterdays paper The auditor general has ordered that mobile speed camera cars in N.S.W lose their hi-vis decals and triple the hours they are used on the roadsides in the name of saving lives. It seems odd a money man has suggested this safety measure but not safety experts or RMS officials.

2 minutes ago, dobbo said:

An article in yesterdays paper The auditor general has ordered that mobile speed camera cars in N.S.W lose their hi-vis decals and triple the hours they are used on the roadsides in the name of saving lives. It seems odd a money man has suggested this safety measure but not safety experts or RMS officials.

He must have shares in MacQuarie Bank....the underwriters, I think.  Increased fines = increased share price = increased dividend

• 6 months later...

Andrew Constance has been caught out.

After raking in millions of $ in revenue there have been 3 more deaths on the roads than the same time last year despite many lock downs (much less traffic) so the saving lives story was bull- - - - and now there putting back one warning sign. I'm glad because I was staring at every SUV parked on the side of the road and hitting the brakes. 

I’m glad the data backs up what we all have  even saying.  But as if anything will change.  

The politicians don’t care about being right, they care about ‘the narrative’.   That narrative is that cars are bad and speeding is death and destruction.  

The playbook is well used now across multiple fronts- establish a dataset as the sole input for some effect, claiming science because statistics  is involved. Track and publish that data and make increasingly exaggerated claims.  Shout down, marginalise and insult anyone who tries to articulate the problems with the sole measure, or any flow-on problems caused.  Use fines, bans and shaming activities to knock anyone into line that sticks their head up.  Use money to increase collection of that measure and the number of voices who collect an income from believing and spreading.

Sometimes it’s to gather power sometimes just true  believers finding  a purpose in life.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Raven said:

When ever I see one he gets a toot and a one fingered salute .............Grubs 

Haha, I did that an hour ago with the sneaky white van bastards. Slowed to 35 and the operator looked straight at me waving the bird at him 🖕😅

I know they always sit both sides of the road (at the base of Greenhill road before you get to the twisties just after Hallet road for those in Adelaide) and always say hello