Help Needed, can't find Michelin Tyres

TINGY

Having some trouble sourcing Michelin tyres for my 996.2, they are fitted with 285/30ZR18 Pilot Sports and it seems there are none in Aus land, i have tried the usual searches but I am thus far unable to track any down. If anyone knows of any gathering dust can you please let me know, thanks.

Tyres are hard on the ground right now.  I had a tough search for the 255s on my 17" Cups.  That's how ended up with Falkens. 

St George Tyres have Continentals in stock... http://www.stgeorgetyres.com.au/tyres/continental-tyres-285-30-18-sports-contact-2-n2-2853018/product-detail.aspx

Tyroola appears to have the Michelins in stock https://www.tyroola.com.au/tyre/285-30-r18/nsw/?s=relevance&d=desc&price=0-0

I unfortunately blew a rear tyre a week ago and the mechanic managed to source a set of Michelin PS2s in that size, so if you are willing to settle for PS2s instead of the PS4S there may still a few of them floating around.

6 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

Thanks John, I was looking at the 4S and it said not available, no other option came up for me at the time, looks like they will be delivered Wed or Thu, I only hope they are not 3 years old or something.

Looking at the Michelin site the 4S are not available in the 285/30/18, the widest 18 option is 265/40/18.

Where did you order them from sir?

I’m swapping the Trofeo  R spec  tyres  on the 996.2 as, whilst thrilling in the dry, it’s wildly thrilling in damp wet conditions... 

i’ve been advised  Michelin, Unlikely to have new stock in the country for three or four weeks. 

Tyroola, but, I could only get cup 2's, I really wanted 4S but not available and don't know when they will be in, even my usual tyre guy i have been following from shop to shop for the last 6 years couldn't get them and has no info on when they will arrive. It may be worth shooting an email to Michelin to see if they can provide info on arrival times. Good luck.

7 hours ago, michel said:

Where did you order them from sir?

I’m swapping the Trofeo  R spec  tyres  on the 996.2 as, whilst thrilling in the dry, it’s wildly thrilling in damp wet conditions... 

i’ve been advised  Michelin, Unlikely to have new stock in the country for three or four weeks. 

I would call Tempe Tyres if need is urgent, they are a parrallel importer so sometimes they have stock when others do not.  

I had the same issue looking for 19’s in Michelin’s (235/35/19 & 305/30/19). I ended up with Continental Sport Contact 6 in a 235/35/19 and a 315/25/19 which was advised by BBS in Germany.

Not my first choice but I really wanted my new wheels on the car...