WTB: Carrera MFI 2.7

njb

Hi all,

As per the title, I'm looking for a tidy example of a 2.7 MFI. My preference is for a well looked after Aussie delivered coupe in original condition and matching numbers.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Edited by njb
Updated that coupe is the preference

On 17/01/2021 at 12:14, mrar said:

Do your homework, a quick gloss over the pics on my phone, I can see some incorrect features for 74 model. 

I found a similar ex-Aus car on the South Island in 2002 when I lived in NZ. ... more than likely would be this one ...

The owner wouldn’t sell it to me in the end ... it was a silver with green Black watch tartan trim *all around* the car; door pockets, rear wheel moulding trim, seats etc etc

That car was a SA Chateau’s delivery new, which as a South Aussie living in Auckland appealed to me. Was ordered new from memory by a famous local alloy wheel and window shade maker whom my father knew well ...

11 minutes ago, 1st said:

I found a similar ex-Aus car on the South Island in 2002 when I lived in NZ. ... more than likely would be this one ...

The owner wouldn’t sell it to me in the end ... it was a silver with green Black watch tartan trim *all around* the car; door pockets, rear wheel moulding trim, seats etc etc

That car was a SA Chateau’s delivery new, which as a South Aussie living in Auckland appealed to me. Was ordered new from memory by a famous local alloy wheel and window shade maker whom my father knew well ...

This could well be it, was delivered new SA Chateau, imported into NZ by the 2nd owner in 2000. I've completed significant research on this car and unfortunately it didn't meet expectations for various reasons.

I'll continue to be on the look out for a local coupe that ticks all the boxes, but suspect I could be waiting a while!

1 hour ago, njb said:

This could well be it, was delivered new SA Chateau, imported into NZ by the 2nd owner in 2000. I've completed significant research on this car and unfortunately it didn't meet expectations for various reasons.

I'll continue to be on the look out for a local coupe that ticks all the boxes, but suspect I could be waiting a while!

Yes - it would be that same car ... was tired but nice and original when I found it with the correct trim intact ... I still have some old school printed photos of the car as sent to me in my papers somewhere 

~> the 18 Carrera coupes and 7 targas in ‘74 figures are correct from my records too...

good luck with the Search 

On 14/01/2021 at 17:50, njb said:

Hi all,

As per the title, I'm looking for a tidy example of a 2.7 MFI. My preference is for a well looked after Aussie delivered coupe in original condition and matching numbers.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Call Anthony at Autohaus Chatswood. They were selling a tourist delivery AU car very original late last year. Didn’t sell and owner took it back so might still be available, price expectation was quite high though.

13 hours ago, Tips said:

Call Anthony at Autohaus Chatswood. They were selling a tourist delivery AU car very original late last year. Didn’t sell and owner took it back so might still be available, price expectation was quite high though.

Thanks for the heads-up. I did ask Scott at Autohaus a week or so ago, but he might not have known about that car. In any case, my search is now over. My heart has settled on a non-original non-Australian delivered car that is mechanically spot on, looks awesome and is heaps of fun, so have bought that. My 911 fix should be well and truly done now; unless of course a 996 40th or Mk1 GT3 comes up...

image.thumb.png.45556c2e395def1587aebef84de5cb77.png

On 26/01/2021 at 14:52, njb said:

Thanks for the heads-up. I did ask Scott at Autohaus a week or so ago, but he might not have known about that car. In any case, my search is now over. My heart has settled on a non-original non-Australian delivered car that is mechanically spot on, looks awesome and is heaps of fun, so have bought that. My 911 fix should be well and truly done now; unless of course a 996 40th or Mk1 GT3 comes up...

image.thumb.png.45556c2e395def1587aebef84de5cb77.pngA friend has a 40th he may sell if you’re interested. 
congrats on new purchase - saw it today.

4 hours ago, Peter John said:
On 26/01/2021 at 14:52, njb said:
A friend has a 40th he may sell if you’re interested. 

congrats on new purchase - saw it today.

Thanks! And yes, I am interested in a 40th. I drove one approx 10yrs ago when I saw it parked in the corner at a BMW dealership, have always regretted not buying it. That example was mint, just 40,000kms and with the matching luggage set too! Sadly didn't have the extra garage space for it back then.