WTB - ‘99 GT3 CS factory half cage

I have 2 x 997 ones if that’s a help 

they’re basically the same as 996 CS but have the tabs for the optional intrusion bar... I believe the 997 Clubsport bar (rear section) is the same as the 996 RS rear section (the front is different) I can double check in my RS if it’s important. 

On 18/01/2021 at 17:48, 1st said:

WTB 

Just an exploratory post to see if anyone has an OEM half cage for a GT3 CS ?

... looking at options that will help get the ex-Nations cup CS registered 

Cheers Stewart 

I have a Porsche Tequipment bolt in half cage.  Not the full fat CS type.  More of a roll over with harness bar.  Bolts in.  Was fitted to my MK.1 Touring.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2021 at 18:47, edgy said:

I have 2 x 997 ones if that’s a help 

they’re basically the same as 996 CS but have the tabs for the optional intrusion bar... I believe the 997 Clubsport bar (rear section) is the same as the 996 RS rear section (the front is different) I can double check in my RS if it’s important. 

I'd be interested on one if it fits in a 996 C4S...

52 minutes ago, 911CSR said:

I'd be interested on one if it fits in a 996 C4S...

It will fit in a 996, but you need to provision the b pillar hoop (there is an attaching plate and bolts you need to drill the floorpan for) if you dont wish to go that route, then the tequipment version that @Skidmarks has is what you're looking for, but really not a "roll cage" as much as it is a harness bar/roll bar... the CS one is much more rigid. 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

It will fit in a 996, but you need to provision the b pillar hoop (there is an attaching plate and bolts you need to drill the floorpan for) if you dont wish to go that route, then the tequipment version that @Skidmarks has is what you're looking for, but really not a "roll cage" as much as it is a harness bar/roll bar... the CS one is much more rigid. 

Thanks mate..appreciate the insight and advice...Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Hey - you've got a tequipment bar for sale?  Do you want me to PM around pricing?  I know someone who is looking for one

I did have but sold it to 1st.  Hence my question to him as to why he’s still looking for a half cage.  

27 minutes ago, GUT said:

I’d sell my tequipment one if I could find a factory CS one

The factory 996 RS/997CS cage can still be ordered through FVD. It’s made by Heigo, who used to make the cages for Porsche. Not horrendously expensive either. PM me if you want the details as I recently had one quoted up. 

2 minutes ago, James P said:

Contact @edgy 

Thanks James! 

yes @GUT I have a couple of 997 OEM cages... 1 x full (front & rear) and 1 x Rear section. 

last time I checked carnewal could supply it new too @ 3350 euro - Not sure what FVD is charging? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hugh said:

If I can just add to this thread...........

I would be very interested in a factory front section for a 996 if anyone has one laying around. 

Still working on that for you Hugh, but an impending clutch replacement may impact on my ability to buy the other half just at the moment......

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 18/01/2021 at 17:18, 1st said:

WTB 

Just an exploratory post to see if anyone has an OEM half cage for a GT3 CS ?

... looking at options that will help get the ex-Nations cup CS registered 

Cheers Stewart 

Still requiring one - bump-up in case any one has recently come across one (?)

cheers