New Porsche Owner - Changing Sides From GTR to GT3

Hi folks,

I am a relatively new member and poster and have recently taken the plunge and purchased my first Porsche. Having owned and been involved with big horsepower GTR's for over 15 years, i discovered a fascination with porsche a few years back and have been researching and learning about them since. After nearly going for an older classic 911 around 18 months ago, a black 997 GT3 clubsport that I had previously seen in Adelaide appeared back on the market and I decided to take the plunge.

The car was originally for sale at Richmonds, and the previous owner was moving it on to make way for a new 992 GT3

The car is currently on a transporter on its way to Sydney, and I am looking forward to embarking on some new adventures with the car, and hopefully meeting a truck load of new faces and enthusiasts along the way.

Anyhow, i know this thread is worthless without pics, so here are a couple!

Cheers,

Nick

C1FA66D7-53F5-4162-BDC5-F7D53509C8B1.JPG

IMG_9142.JPG

IMG_9147.JPG

IMG_9381 copy.jpg

Congratulations

Any chance you  can share who shipped your car and the  price.  ( great to see a pic with the ramps they used)  

Just curious as once a boost junky always a boost junky.  So dropping a digit on the badge  you currently have  wasn't contemplated or you still got something tucked away if you get that  itch to scratch if you need a boost hit.

21 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Congratulations

Any chance you  can share who shipped your car and the  price.  ( great to see a pic with the ramps they used)  

Just curious as once a boost junky always a boost junky.  So dropping a digit on the badge  you currently have  wasn't contemplated or you still got something tucked away if you get that  itch to scratch if you need a boost hit.

Shipped with Allans - $2420 all up door to door from Adelaide to Sydney.

As for the boost itch, I would like to think (funds and wife permission pending) that this will be the first of a couple of porsches, so who knows what the future holds. I really wanted a GT3RS, but was trying to be a little sensible and not go totally balls out for my first porsche foray. I like unique, and the combination of the 6 speed manual, rarity of the 997 GT3 with the clubsport package, and the who mezger pedigree was enough for me, and figures crossed it at the very least holds its value during my ownership.

First cab of the rank once it arrives will be the a full detail in, out and underneath to keep it protected and immaculate.

13 minutes ago, edgy said:

Congrats Nick! 

You picked yourself up a nicely specced car.... I had many happy years with my 997 GT3, they’re amazing cars. 

hope to see you around. 

Thanks mate, and likewise. I am planning on attending the next cars and coffee on the 28th, so if you are going, be sure to say hi. 

3 hours ago, 9eleven said:

Thanks mate, and likewise. I am planning on attending the next cars and coffee on the 28th, so if you are going, be sure to say hi.

Sure thing! Weekends a little painful at the minute for us, but will keep an eye out, which C&C is it? St Ives?

Just now, edgy said:

Sure thing! Weekends a little painful at the minute for us, but will keep an eye out, which C&C is it? St Ives?

The Autohaus Hamilton event at Olympic Park. Will absolutely be at the next St Ives event also.

1 hour ago, spiller said:

Congrats again, beautiful car you’ve got there. Alan dropped mine off to me a couple of weeks ago in Adelaide (on the way to Perth). I assume he would have collected yours on the way back to Sydney! Enjoy!

Thanks mate. Very impressed with Allan's so far, looking forward to it arriving in Sydney early next week.

6 minutes ago, 9eleven said:

The Autohaus Hamilton event at Olympic Park. Will absolutely be at the next St Ives event also.

Congrats n your new car .. looks stunning! 😍😍

The St Ives C&C is on the first Sunday of the month. I was at the last one and honestly, I have never seen a bigger C&C! ... there were hundreds of cars.

Look out for the resurrection of the Kariong / Mt Penang C&C .. also a HUGE turnout and not too far from Sydney ... only 30 mins up the freeway.

1 minute ago, Dreamr said:

Congrats n your new car .. looks stunning! 😍😍

The St Ives C&C is on the first Sunday of the month. I was at the last one and honestly, I have never seen a bigger C&C! ... there were hundreds of cars.

Look out for the resurrection of the Kariong / Mt Penang C&C .. also a HUGE turnout and not too far from Sydney ... only 30 mins up the freeway.

Will keep an eye out! Any excuse for a drive up the old pacific highway.

5 minutes ago, 9eleven said:

Will keep an eye out! Any excuse for a drive up the old pacific highway.

The Old Pac is on my doorstep .. I’m only 5 mins from it. The road out to Wollombi is much better .. same type as the Old Pac but most of it is 100 kph .. 😀😀

Hit me up if you’re ever up this way! ...

Congrats on the purchase! How are you finding the transition from GTR to 911? I've had a few GTR's over the years too and currently own a R34 GTR Vspec with a HKS 2.8. I now have my heart set on a black 997 GT3 Clubsport haha. I've already bought the number plates but still prepping the GTR for sale.   

1 minute ago, Nein97 said:

Congrats on the purchase! How are you finding the transition from GTR to 911? I've had a few GTR's over the years too and currently own a R34 GTR Vspec with a HKS 2.8. I now have my heart set on a black 997 GT3 Clubsport haha. I've already bought the number plates but still prepping the GTR for sale.   

Thanks mate! I have only driven the car now a total of 30m from the truck into the workshop at Autohaus this morning, but I will report back after the weekend with more observations :)Sounds like we have similar backgrounds. I sold my R33 GTR at the end of 2019 which had a complete ground up built HKS 2.8 stroker, N1 block and the whole shopping list. On the plus side for you, the values of R34's in particular have gone plain stupid, so you will get epic money for yours if you manage to capitalise on the current market!

• 5 months later...