This one looks good yeh? Amanda's shopping thread

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DuPont Kameleon paint is a softer more pastille type of colour. The PPG Harliquin tends to have deeper more vibrant colour. IMO the best looking flip paints where the subtle ones. PPG had one called mexican fire that was just shades of yellow and orange but looked amazing. Most had too many colours IMO and all though the cars stood out, they didn't look good (to me). I was going to use a candy apple colour but PPG wanted me to consider a flip. I didn't like any of them for my car, and then there paint expert guy says hang on, I have just the colour and went away and came back with the colour I ended up using. I was the 2nd car in Oz to use that colour. I saw a few cars use it after that but it was very rare

I once got pulled over in my Pink XY and was told by the Police man that my car was meant to be 'grey' and not Pink according to its registration info!

I said 'errr thanks I'll get it updated'   and drove off!

it depends!  funny

Aka 'Pearl' paint. I always wondered what colour you would put on the rego papers!

No pearl paint refers to a colour or colours in the clear coat, and is a biatch to repair as almost impossible to colour match. The car needs to be taken back to base coat and pearl clear coat redone. So pearl cars have base colour and the pearl effect is seen in clear coat. ie car maybe white with a green pearl, so looks white but the green is seen on clear coat, when in the sun on high lights/edges of panels.

Flip paints are actually very easy to blend as effect is caused by angle of light reflect ed to the eye, and so blends disappear. It's just expensive, not difficult.

When I sprayed mine and took it too RTA, the lady asked me what colour I had resprayed it and I suggested she should have a look at it and let me know. She decided it was blue

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Amanda, I couldn't drive around in that colour car

You could if you wore flares and sported a big hairy chest!

You either remember the 70s or you don't!

What doesn't work with that car is the added bling.

I know you have stopped looking but.....

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1976/SSE-AD-2160391/?Cr=16

check out the colour. Great year too.

one where the purple is a bit more subtle

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1987/SSE-AD-1049799/?Cr=10

this colour is a bit different.. subtle again.. might look too pink in certain light

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1987/SSE-AD-2161135/?Cr=25

You could if you wore flares and sported a big hairy chest!

You either remember the 70s or you don't!

What doesn't work with that car is the added bling.

I do remember them, just.. I was born in the early '70s.  I don't like the ducktail,  don't like the interior, dont like its LHD and it's not a Targa.  It's just NOT 1970s enough for me!  The color is fine.And it's not a Sporto!

Now Russ car - if that was for sale, I'd be seriously kicking myself... so he better not put it up for sale!

the interior on that purple car looks barf.

and...an impact bumper car with a ducktail is not '72 rs style'

'gm morpheus' - what is wrong with porsche aubergine if you want purple?...

/rant

the interior on that purple car looks barf.

and...an impact bumper car with a ducktail is not '72 rs style'

'gm morpheus' - what is wrong with porsche aubergine if you want purple?...

/rant

The fact is , the people who pimp their classic Porsches don't care what you or I think! He/she would not think that the action would actually devalue the car.

Nothing is wrong with purple.. I think we all agree the rest of that 911 is in poor taste/style.

PFA seems to be about original/classic  or the next extreme which is fully decked out race car look!  

WARNING     WARNING    WARNING.  

AMANDA DO NOT LOOK HERE!

I also am a closet lover of these things....

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/170660-ultimate-targa-thread.html?utm_source=Partial+2012+Porsche+Cust&utm_campaign=0775d80908-6_5_Partial_Porsche_Cust6_5_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c698603abc-0775d80908-66407861

the Ice Green in the first few posts........senna sational

Archived