This one looks good yeh? Amanda's shopping thread

Long story short, I know the owner, he lives 100 m up the road. He is a good guy and a respectful car guy. He has spent a lot of money on the car and has only done a few track days so I don't think it has been worn out. It was built up at nine plus in Richmond and is now up at cairns auto who advertise here. I believe it is a pretty honest car. Owner is just a guy that has projects for 2-3 years then moves on to the next thing. The sale price is well below his cost I understand.

It's been for sale for well over a year now. I'm surprised it hasn't had any bites. I'm guessing by the fact he hasn't lowered the price he's not in any hurry.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been for sale for well over a year now. I'm surprised it hasn't had any bites. I'm guessing by the fact he hasn't lowered the price he's not in any hurry.

Perhaps the emphasis on track car setup has scared off potential buyers. I saw this car at 9 plus last year and was seriously tempted at trading up from mine. It's got all the things I'd like to do but budget and grief factor have stopped me.

Perhaps the emphasis on track car setup has scared off potential buyers. I saw this car at 9 plus last year and was seriously tempted at trading up from mine. It's got all the things I'd like to do but budget and grief factor have stopped me.

I know that car. It spent time at RJP before heading east. It was a really good thing, and if its been maintained and improved over the past few years as stated, it can only be better. The colour is a bit unusual, which might be stopping some people, but its nice enough in the flesh as I recall. It would make a really good 3.0 Carrera RS clone if you were handy at bodywork, but that would push the end price right up. Hot rods dont seem to be the flavour of the month, unless they look period, so its been languishing. Shame. It would do well in Porsche Club events if run properly, and it would save someone a lot of effort in setting up a club car.

• 11 months later...

Crikey.. what is going on with the paint on that one?  Looks wishy washy or just a bad photo?

$_20.JPG

If Helen can do straight swap for an awesome MINI - I'm in, sign me up... actually as I'm typing that out, not sure I could part with my MINI...

Just looking at this thread shows just how many 911s were for sale in early 2013. WAY more than there is on the market now that's for sure.  And everything in this thread is way under $45k if I was looking at it.

Interesting to go back in time...

Believe thats a factory colour? Good tidy up and some nice wheels that would be a rad cruiser.... 

I think it's some poor camera settings and lighting too.  Description says it's red.. so I'd imagine it looks more red than the pics show. Also has had a engine rebuild, paint and some other stuff. Could be a good ride for someone.

Archived