This one looks good yeh? Amanda's shopping thread

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i

Just tire kicking via the internet.. getting a feel for what is out there!   ]
Hmmm, nice set of tyres to be kicking. Write up and photos are pretty good, sure sounds like a nice genuine car.

I think its a case of the more you look the more you know what to look for and the value of a car when its listed. 

I looked at this before I bought my car. It's 2.7 but that can be fixed!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-1975-14067840?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=1&eapi=2&__N=1246%201252%201247%201282%204294963765%204294963707%201216&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Price%3aMin%2c30000%7e0.5&sort=default

He sent me a ton of pics but I can't find them now. Service history is ok but not complete. for the money you would get a PPI and go from there. I think you would own the car for 20k.

Amanda, you can get that fabric.

A few people around the world do that early fabric.

When Blackmans did some work on my car he showed me the porsche fabric you can still get.

I was shocked to see just how much was around.

Or if you speak German. http://www.cartex.de/porsche.html

Just tire kicking via the internet.. getting a feel for what is out there!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1978-Porsche-911SC-Targa-Sport-IMMACULATE-/170969977393?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item27ce9ad231

This describes pretty well but "does not burn any oil"? I'd like to see that.....!!!!!

I would be looking at this one if I was in the market in this price bracket.

Must inspect for rust though.

The Blue one looks great value, subject to no rust inspection.

I really really really really like that Yellow 2.7. That looks like a wonderful thing......I WANT IT.

That yellow, the trim and cookie cutters just make me smile. Its such a cool car.

This describes pretty well but "does not burn any oil"? I'd like to see that.....!!!!!

I would be looking at this one if I was in the market in this price bracket.

Must inspect for rust though.

I think he also said the Targa doesn't leak. Don't they all leak?

i think all targas leak to a point, the amount of flex in the body means the rubbers never quite line up properly.

i was thinking amanda needed her own subforum of potential purchases, but this thread is as good as any lol

Yellow coupe is nice (355K kms is a concern), the grey targas seem a bit dull.

I think the first car, the blue Targa, is my pick of the bunch. Blue is a nice contrast to the black hood and trim and the slightly wider SC body better suits the taller Targa stance.  If the history stands up to a ppi it should be good for many km's. Being from the UK, a good check around the sills and lower body are a must.

Yellow coupe is nice (355K kms is a concern), the grey targas seem a bit dull.

I think the first car, the blue Targa, is my pick of the bunch. Blue is a nice contrast to the black hood and trim and the slightly wider SC body better suits the taller Targa stance.  If the history stands up to a ppi it should be good for many km's. Being from the UK, a good check around the sills and lower body are a must.

I think the Tas one would look better with polished Fuchs or at least the silver/black combo. Would match the silver Targa bar.

I'm not that fussed on the color, I'll be looking for the best car in my price range. Targa or Coupe with Sunroof :)

Archived