This one looks good yeh? Amanda's shopping thread

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks pretty good, but why would you show a photo of your highly corroded and rusty tools

its like they have been sitting in moisture for the last 35 years.

Sorry just being a bit pedantic after all it is a 38 year old car.

Hi Amanda,

Does this fit your budget? Looks like much of the hard work is done.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-1975-14190925?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=15&page=2&eapi=2&__N=1246 1252 1247 1282 4294963765 4294963707 1216&num=15&silo=Stock&sort=~Price

Steve

That one even tempts me...certainly no shortage of repairs and service history documentation, although that may be a worry in itself I guess.

But nice family history and car "looks" good with what I would have thought is a "good" price as well. Appears to have been advertised since before Xmas, so it has been hanging around for a little while........???

You just jumped me there Jim, and that was also something I forgot too mention. I don,t think your being pedantic, good point.

Maybe further inspection required in there

I suppose they might make you wonder just how well the car has been looked after? Why are they rusty? Also they have all those receipts but geez, look after them!

Tools just make the viewer jump to conclusions. I still think the car is worth a look. It's right up my alley!

I suppose they might make you wonder just how well the car has been looked after? Why are they rusty? Also they have all those receipts but geez, look after them!

Tools just make the viewer jump to conclusions. I still think the car is worth a look. It's right up my alley!

If the tools are that rusty you would highly suspect the body to be rusty as well..!!!!

If the tools are that rusty you would highly suspect the body to be rusty as well..!!!!

yeh you could come to that conclusion. Could also simply being a case of the tools being put somewhere outside the car. I think this is where you need to be careful when advertising cars just what you do and don't show. 

^^ Nope, probably not! 

Sorry Uncle, I'm getting confused.. are you referring to the Coupe with the rusty tools that is linked just above????

As for the 4spd bit - I didn't notice that.  Still so much for me to learn and take notice of.  It is fun thats for sure.

Well, we know who he is and where he lives based on that documentation - sloppy to do that unless you want your car stolen.

The rusty tools might have been stored somewhere else, but it also has rusty seatbelt mounting points.  It looks generally unloved to my eye.  While a gleaming engine bay can be a concern, one that looks like an old massey ferguson is a turn off to me.  If you're going to sell, a bit of elbow grease with a mild degreaser and a rag isn't that much effort.

The whole thing says unloved to me.

• 3 weeks later...

The track stuff sells for money, money which you can use to out the right stuff back in. The owner may even have th original bits.

I like the tail. Looks cool. A whale tail is overdone on narrow body targas but the ducktail looks neat IMO.

Just a couple of observations on the yellow car

windscreen wipers on the left side

listed with 4 speed, blurb says 5 speed, drivetrain says 4 speed

no power assist brakes  (note for Amanda really)

manual window winders (which I like not a criticism)

355,000 km

Yeh god911 has been for sale for some time. It does look good, except its black!

black can look fantastic. It really shows of those curves. If its not your DD then kept under a good quality cover, it will be looking good whenever the urge to go for a spin takes you. Nice subtle graphic on the side too.

Archived